summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

how to lose twelve pounds in five weeks.....

1. Suffer.

2. Suffer.

3. Suffer.

Endure temptation, say NO, walk, swim, lift weights. The results are worth it. Okay, it is a drop in the bucket for me, but still. I am happy with it. The dr. was very happy with me. My blood pressure is still a little higher than I would like it, 138 over 80, which is my main reason for wanting to get into better shape. We did have a stressful time getting to the appointment though...the parking garage was full, the roof-top lot was full, we drove around looking for a nice huge space for the nice huge van, finally parked down the block and walked in the rain..the dr. said he would check the pressure again in a few minutes, but we forgot all about it. We did agree that I am on a good path that is better than medicine, I just need to stick with it and keep on suffering!

Kim and I bought SO much candy today. Gatorade, Snapple, and candy. I still have more drinks to get....this is a busy week. I am also babysitting for our friend's little boy tomorrow, all day. He is four and a half, but he is the youngest of eight kids, so....he is little.

Mali has a track meet tomorrow that I was planning to attend. She just came home from school and is wanting me to take her back to the small city, for the third time in two days, to get her bloodwork for nursing school done. She couldn't get it done when Aaron had his because she is under 18 and has to be with a parent. She has practice every day, but it was cancelled today because of the rain. blah . I do not want to turn around and drive the gas guzzler back to that city...oh good, she says we can do it another day. phew.

Now for some hot coffee...it is cold and rainy and chilly...

14 comments:

noelle said...

I am so happy for the good report at the dr's office! KUDOS!!!

FLmom7 said...

Woo Hoo!!! Congrats on the weight loss! You are doing great, stick with it. Lowering the amount of salt in foods (especially watch the canned & packaged food) should help lower the blood pressure...and of course, eating plenty of fresh fruits & veg. You're doing fabulous!

Grace said...

12 pounds ... wow! Soon people will begin to notice AND you'll have to buy new clothes! Good for you!

Virginia Revoir said...

OHhh, I know what you mean about suffering! I was doing it for awhile and losing weight. Then one day I stopped because the weight would not come off for nothing. I hated it. Finally I couldn't suffer anymore because it was benefiting me but I gained about 6 of it back so that's a bummer. I just got a fold up treadmill and I use it while I'm watching a movie because I just can't stand being bored on a treadmill for an hour. the movie helps the time pass. :D

Well, congrats on losing 12lbs!!!

Mum said...

I know it's hard in the little steps but just remember that 12 pounds in five weeks means you will loose 125 pounds in a year! That is pretty incredible. Wait that is far more impressive than incredible, you are doing fantastic. Please don't beat yourself up, you are such an inspiration and I do hope you can be just a little bit happy with what you are achieving. From over here in England we are cheering for you on every long walk you up that hill you take.

Martha said...

Congratulations on losing 12 pounds! That is wonderful!!!

I have managed to stay gluten free for the past two months and can feel a difference in my shape but I'm not so sure I have lost any weight. I guess I have not suffered enough yet.

ccc said...

Congrats on the weight loss. I know how hard it is to try to lose weight with the busyness of the family and all the treats that the teenage daughters like to bake!

Anonymous said...

I for one think that is a fantastic achievement!! You should pat yourself on the back bigtime!

Carolyn said...

Congratulations! 12 pounds is great! Keep on keeping on!

cheryl said...

That is fantabulous, Della!! I could tell, I can see the difference!! Yay!!!! Exciting!!!!.. PS.. I've finally gone a couple pounds below a major marker, if I could exercise some, it would be helpful.. but, I'll lose what I can.. I almost said I'll take what I can get.

ecaterina said...

Post pictures, you know: before and after :)

Joni said...

Wowza! That's so great! You have worked hard, and got to see the fruits of the labor!

Chrissy in Chaos said...

12 lbs? That is almost a stone! How fantastic! I love reading your blog - I think you are quite an inspiration! If you can keep chaos at bay then surely I can too! Keep going and well done.

Deb said...

Twelve pounds is a big deal! Congratulations! I'll bet in the next 5 pounds or so you'll discover your clothes are too loose.

In my head, to picture the fat, I think of what a 5 lb bag of sugar looks like. You've lost more than two of those and that is significant!

Keep up the good work, I know you can do it.