summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, May 15, 2011

the last day of having 6 teenagers in the house....

at least for a while. Joseph is turning 20 years old tomorrow. I shall not embarrass him by writing too much, but he is one excellent son. He is respectful and kind and smart and responsible and he always does what I ask him to do, no more, no less...ha. He hasn't always been this way, but we shall leave it at that. He is growing up. He exercises and eats well and he is such a good example, being patient and not talking back. (yes, nothing puts a mom to shame more than realizing that some of her kids are more mature than she)

Joseph Michael is my fifth child, he was born when we still lived in our mobile home. If you want to have some fun, have five kids in a trailer. It was a nice trailer, a single-wide, but it had three bedrooms and we bought it brand new. It had a very nice yard, too, huge with lots of trees...but it was rather tight with five of them. We moved into this house when Joseph was almost one, and we rattled around like peas in a pod...for a few years anyway.

Joseph is extremely creative. He can draw and paint and play piano and guitar. When he was little, he used to make these elaborate costumes, especially Indian suits....fringed pants and tops...he made a knight's helmet once, he made oxygen tanks out of soda bottles, he turned regular action figures into the X-men guy who had the sharp claws come out of his hands....he was always making bows and arrows, and always wanted me to buy him more elastic or feathers. He loves the cat, and he likes Rosie although he won't admit to it. If she has a pink head or green paws, it was Joseph. He is the number one perpetrator of the writing hilarious but sometimes questionable sayings with the refrigerator letters.

So....tomorrow we will only have five teens in the house.

My fifth child to reach twenty. blah, I am getting old.

1 comment:

Pamela Wade said...

I will have a 20 year old daughter tomorrow! Looks like we were doing the same thing 20 years ago! She was my biggest baby (9 lbs. 14 oz) and my easiest to deliver! She was my 4th. I love reading your blog. Like I think I've said before...I think we are a lot alike! Except of course that you have twice as many kids! Congrats on losing 15 pounds! I lost 30 in the last year but I have gained back 5-10 of it. I keep trying to get back on the bandwagon but it is SO HARD!!! You are giving me inspiration though! ~~Pam