summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, July 15, 2011

aah, friday night...

I did not find time to post this morning because I left here in a hurry. No emergency, just found out the movie that I promised to take the kids to was playing at noon. Noon. Almost thirty miles away. And since I slept in 'til after eight, took a shower, went on my walk, then finally sat down to check movie times in the morning paper at ten a.m., it was a hurry.

I reluctantly left Camille home with Mirielle, Joseph, Mali, and Samuel. She has been a bit challenging lately, and when she put up a fuss this morning about wanting to pour her own milk in her cereal (right!), I made up my mind to leave her here, ow. Of course I left her with the promise of a present.

We saw "Judy Moody", which wasn't excellent, but, wasn't too bad, either. At least there was no stupid romance story line, or horrible potty humor (as opposed to good potty humor, which is always appreciated).

My girls have only gone to the movies a few times, so it was very fun and exciting. I bought them the large popcorn and large soda because of the free refills. Keeping my hot little hand out of that popcorn bag was no fun. It kept creeping...blah. I really only had a small bit. Which is a good thing, because our next stop was the dreaded MCDONALDS. I split a Mcdouble with Charlotte Claire, and didn't eat the top bun, and had a small fruit and yogurt parfait. Yum, but sorry, their fries and hot fudge sundaes looked SO GOOD.

Next stop: Target. Quickly. There were so many sandals 75% off! I let the girls each pick a pair. I only had Suzanne, Sonja, Charlotte Claire, and their cousin Olivia.

Then the grocery store. Tomatoes and bread and hot dogs (yuck, but they were buy one get two free, and the kids love them roasted over the fire), milk and croutons and yogurt.

Next stop: A different grocery store just to run in and get some of the 99 cent a pound half chickens.

Home.

Groceries away, pool. The pool water is so nice and warm.

And now, after our dinner of salad with chicken and sandwiches for the kids and watermelon, the kids are watching a movie and Suze is getting out the ice cream for sundaes. Hmm, perhaps I shall have a scoop....would someone please invent the ice cream diet? I read about one study wherein the subjects ate tons of food one day, barely anything the next, then lots again....for several weeks, and lost weight. Fooled the old metabolism. Sounds too good to be true. I also read a story of a lady who ate anything she pleased every Sunday, then only 1200 calories a day the rest of the week. She said it probably took her all the longer to lose weight because she did that, but it totally helped her cope. hmm.

Is it too personal to mention that I love Fridays because Paul and I always watch movies together and have a "date"? Pretty cool to still have that spark.

Our weekend forecast is amazing once again. Sunny skies, temperatures in the high eighties. The garden is growing so nicely, Jonathan gets all excited about pulling the radishes and seeing those tomatoes and peppers magically appear. I think we will be inundated with yellow squash soon.

I think I better supervise the ice cream serving...

No comments: