summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, July 24, 2011

cooling off

Here in central New York state, the weather is such a topic. We don't get the extreme heat or cold that some parts of the country get, but we do get a huge variety. I mean, we are like the Snow Capital of the country, getting all the Lake Effect snow from Ontario. Yet we still have such hot and humid summers.

The air conditioners are off, it is only 73 degrees. After 101 the other day, it is wonderful.

Kathryn has had swimmer's ear. I took her to doc, she started using antibiotic ear drops. She got worse and worse, and by Friday she had a fever and aches and her ear and jaw and head just ached and hurt and she was in agony. I took her back to the doc, she was put on an oral antibiotic, and is starting to feel better now. I am super thankful we have had these window a.c units cooling the living room and kitchen, or poor Kathryn.

Camille had a restless night, she kept whining and waking. I am not used to getting up during the night anymore. I got up like five times and told her it was okay, just go back to sleep. Blah.

Well...this morning is Sunday morning, so we are getting ready to go to church. If you ever want to have some fun, try getting like 14 or 15 people out the door by 10:30. I don't have a nursing baby anymore, so it is much easier. But those teenagers!

1 comment:

Martha said...

It's harder to get out the door now than it was with seven children! Okay, so maybe it isn't, but we're rarely to church on time and we only drive five minutes.

This afternoon we dropped Hannah off at camp in Oswego. Took a drive on the west side of Little Sodus Bay on the way home. I never knew there was a beach there. You learn something new every day!