summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, July 4, 2011

picnic, pool, play, plant pictures

Paul's plants...


Kathryn's handstand
Charlotte Claire having a little snack
Camille taking a break from the sun and pool...playing "work" on the toy laptop
Abigail is having a relaxing day off...she packed lunches to picnic with the little ones in the yard....
"I think I smell a pic-a-nic basket!"
"Rosie, GET!"
We took a Flower Picking walk today....tiger lillies grow on the side of the road....
I think Suze has sand in her suit....never a dull moment....
Kathryn and Evelyn with their Army shirts on...and Suze in the middle
peeking princesses

After returning from our Flower Picking Walk around noon, we got into our suits and spent the day swimming and sunning....I am taking a break from the sun. Taking a break from racing with Jon across the pool (he always wins, but he keeps telling me, "Mom, I think you are getting faster because you are getting smaller...."), from having 15 calorie popsicles and sharing with Rosie, from watching the kids splash and play MarcoPolo and fight. (She kicked her accidentally, so she kicked back....she has had the goggles for the whole time, and I want them....she kicked off from the side of the pool, she wants to break the pool....) Now the questions are starting, "Mom, what's for dinner?"....WHAT??!! They want dinner AGAIN TONIGHT? blah. I am hungry, I wish I could order four or five pizzas for like five bucks, and of course not gain an ounce from eating like three slices. But, since that AIN'T gonna happen, I shall go make some dinner. We have some nice Hoffmann hot dogs, and there might be some chicken from last night, we have a box of turkeyburgers....blah, I am not a good planner. It is the fourth of July, I should have a nice menu...but I used up all the good stuff yesterday....

We are planning to go on a little outing after dinner, to visit Paul's parents, get ice cream from the ice cream place, and take the kids to the playground. Perhaps I should just skip dinner and have a huge ice cream cone....nah. Paul just picked some spinach from the garden, yum, so tender and good. He is going to bring some radishes to his parents. We can at least have a nice salad tonight....

Yeah, summertime is nice. I do the bare necessities and take as much leisure time as possible, spending Quality AND Quantity time with these guys.....

1 comment:

Tereza said...

I'm always Inspired by your quality and quantity time with your kids! You're an amazing mother and your kids will grow up secure and loved!