summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, July 16, 2011

he better bring me chocolate!

Aaron is in Norway for a few weeks, and he better bring me home a chocolate bar! I am missing Mr. Aaron. How can I have so many kids and still miss the one who is gone? Emily took Margaret, Kathryn, and Evelyn camping in the Adirondacks on Thursday, Abigail and Mirielle joined them on Friday. So is it quiet here? ha. Joseph and Sam are still here, with their cousin Luke and friend Nate. Suzanne and Sonja have their cousin Olivia here, then Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille are here. Jon got a new Nerf gun yesterday, so the interest in running around and shooting each other has been revived. It is not a quiet game, especially because Rosie has to put her two cents in.

I bought donuts yesterday, buy six get six free ($4.29 a dozen). I let the girls pick them out. I think they are all gone, and I only had one little taste. Yay! Joe and Sam and their cousin and friend had one when they came in from this gym this morning, that helped.

For breakfast, I had a half of a whole grain English muffin with crunchy peanut butter, and a handful of cherries. And of course my coffee with half and half. I shall not resort to cutting out that half and half, it makes my life happy.

So, what's new and different? Mostly the same old same old, yet I am very happy. Sometimes I feel like I can almost see the brevity of life, and try desperately to slow time down, to grab hold of the little moments and enjoy them thoroughly. We know life has a beginning, and an end. But if we REALLY knew this, would we seriously get so worked up about so many stupid little details? Wouldn't we just love more and forgive more and think of others and bless and serve and store up those treasures in heaven? It's not as if we wouldn't get back a thousand-fold, when we give, we receive.

Yesterday when we were driving down the road, I told the girls in the van that I loved them, all of them, my niece Olivia, too. They seemed pretty happy to hear that, and all shouted how much they loved me too. Since I had just taken them to the movies and bought them popcorn, then to McDonalds, I WAS pretty lovable.

When two little girls are playing in the bathroom, their mom should stop typing and go check on them.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Norway does have good chocolate, no doubt about it. Funny thing though, when you check the label of one of the most popular ones (can't remember the name) it says the maker is KRAFT!

Carolyn

Joni said...

Finland also has good chocolate. The 'Finnish' brand is Fazer - truly Finnish made. There is no comparison between Hershey's and Fazer! I'd guess Norway's chocolate is comparable to Fazer ... but wonder if it is as good? Hmmmm .... :-)