summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, July 28, 2011

I stayed home all day yesterday!

But today shall be a different story. I was planning to finish up the grill shopping tomorrow, but then I realized that we have to leave tomorrow for the conference, so I cannot shop and pack and load up and go.

Today's shopping trip should be fun, I am going with my sis-in-law Kim, who has 12 kids, ten still at home. We both say, "I only need a few things, not big shopping", and end up with a few cartfuls. The van will be quite packed full, but we have never left groceries behind!

The girls are both better, bouncing off the walls again, hopefully they are the last of the sickies.

My head is spinning with details. I had the kids each pack a backpack for camping, then a separate pile of stuff for the church summer conference. I have been adding little extras they might not think of, like underwear. But honestly, it is hard to find 18 pair of clean undies for the two little girls...I had a hard time finding enough for myself, because surprise of all surprises, some of mine are too baggy now. As if granny panties aren't bad enough, to have them falling down, FUN times. I know, I should just go buy some new ones.

So I am packing for two different things, first the conference, we will stay in the camper, then camping, we will Tent. (ha, that will be interesting). I have been brainstorming and putting more things on that kitchen table, like the matches and spatulas, and a frying pan...the big bag of pretzel M&M's has been sitting there for a week, the kids ask at least once a day if we can open them and just have "a few". ha. I am not that stupid.

So, details. Toothbrushes. Jackets, pillows, medicine-just-in-case, band-aids, a hairbrush. Then to top it all off, we are supposed to dress up for Children's Day at the conference, in a Medieval theme. Let's just say...if that happens, it hasn't happened yet, but it could happen.

One of the best parts of my day is my morning walk. It has gone from the dreaded, panting and huffing and struggling ordeal to the relaxing and refreshing time to think. This morning I counted seven different kinds of wildflowers on the side of the road. There was one kind I have never ever noticed before. I am sure it didn't just come into existence this morning, I just never saw it before. The corn is over my head, and the first cuttings of hay have been done, so some of the fields are shorn like Jon's new haircut, which saddens me. The haircut, not the fields.

Well, as usual, I have sat here too long, now I have to hurry to catch up to get out the door to pick up Kim. Oh, and if anyone wants to watch our horrible, nippy, spoiled, high-strung sheepdog while we camp, let me know. If we bring her, two of the girls said they aren't going, and we think she will just be so out of her element and hyper. (she gets worried when we walk farther than usual, or in the other direction down the road. She will turn to me and nudge me and whine...)(so I do not know what to do with her. I don't even think she would do well at a kennel, we used to take Champ there when we camped.) I wish we could just put her to sleep for the week.

3 comments:

Martha said...

Next time you plan to stay home all day, let me know. Or, if you plan a trip to any "nearby" beaches.

16 blessings'mom said...

What Martha? Did you say you want a sheepdog? She is such a bad dog, I wasn't here today and she nipped Camille, rrr. But anyway, I will let you know. It is on my radar!

Martha said...

I am not sure where the last week went...