summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, July 17, 2011

ninety degrees

Summer is HERE. Hot and sunny and gorgeous. Rosie is so hot. She is quite well behaved in the heat, because it tires her out. Except for on our walks, this morning she was terrible! First we met Suzie, the well-behaved dog from down the road, walking nicely on her leash. Rosie danced and pranced and barked and pulled. I got her to sit, finally, but she kept yapping and trying to play with Suzie. On with our walk, then we see a neighbor pushing a baby in a stroller. ugh. Rosie got all excited again, pulling and dancing, then a car went by! Cars make Rosie think CHASE. HERD. I made her sit again, blah, but we barely managed to get by the baby without Rosie bolting over and jumping on her. All I could think of was that when Mali took her for a walk the other day, she pulled so hard when she saw Suzie, her collar snapped off. blah.

And now it is evening. It is 85 degrees in the living room at almost ten o'clock at night. It is still 83 outside.

Happy things:

1. Six daughters back from the Adirondacks happy and healthy. Well, a little sunburned. And a little upset that their sisters here had a sleepover in their room, used their nailpolish, and tried on their clothes.

2. Samuel is in New York City with his friend Chris, who is deaf and had to visit his dr. to have his cochlear implant adjusted. They took the train down with Chris's dad. They got there safe and sound.

3. It is summer. That alone is Happy.

Sad things:

1. The sound of the wind in the poplars reminds me of my mother so much I could cry. Today the kids were watching a movie after swimming for a while, so I sneaked away and treadmilled for 25 minutes, then jumped in the pool, then sat in the sun dozed. Listening to the wind in the poplars.

2. I thought while sitting there that my parents would be so proud of me for finally getting into shape.

3. Charlotte Claire is going to kindergarten this year. wah.

4. The weekend is ending...so while we go on enjoying our vacation, Paul has to go back to work.

Now I am distracted because there are eight of us here in the living room.....

No comments: