summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, July 25, 2011

monday thoughts

Here are some random thoughts on this fine Monday morning...

1. Fireflies only live a few weeks after they emerge from the ground. So if the kids catch them and put them in a jar with no holes in the top, oops, but...

2. Summer needs to slow down!

3. I think I might need to call dr. for Mali. I do not want to go to the small city again. My life seems to consist of me doing things I don't really want to do, year after year. Yet, I love my life.

4. When one of the kids says, "I don't WANT to though!", about something, I say, "What does that have to do with anything?"

5. A few of my daughters have discovered the fun in going to the Thrifty Shopper. I now have a Thrifty Shopper discount card. The only problem is they like to hold things up and laugh their heads off.

6. I didn't make a fresh pot of coffee this morning because Paul had just left for work, and left some in the pot. Not a whole cup, but I lazed out. Blah, it is sad when the cup is empty.

7. I tried to break myself out of my Oatmeal-With-Crunchy-Peanut-Butter rut this morning, but just couldn't.

8. I NEED to go on that treadmill today!

9. Mirielle got me a book from the library the other day, and I have already read it. But, I am reading it again.

10. My "little" brother is bringing his two kids over for the day on Thursday. They were here for our party last month, and had a good time with our kids. I am rather excited to get to know them a bit more.

11. I had a dream last night that I was pregnant, and was showing the kids a chart of the baby's development. wah.

12. Everybody knows Somebody who had a baby when they were 46 or older. So it COULD happen.

13. Charlotte Claire likes to brush her Barbie's hair until it is smooth smooth smooth.

14. The wind is coming up and we have clothes drying on the deck, so goodbye.

3 comments:

Martha said...

It's raining!!!

Our grass is dry and brown. It looks like we live in New Mexico instead of New York. I don't mind not having to mow, but I prefer to walk on soft, cool, green grass rather than the crunchy, poky, brown stuff. I probably still need to water my little garden but I think I'll wait until later...

#3 made me smile. Well, then end part anyway. I can never catch up enough to do the things I want to do, and when I have a fleeting chance, I can't remember what they were anyhow.

Summer definitely needs to slow down! Before you know it, it will be kids day at the State Fair!

asplendidtime said...

:) LOL Oh your blog is a delight! :) I can't stop smiling! Thank you for being willing to put yourself out there.

Hugs,
Rebecca ~Mama to 10under13 in Alberta, Canada

Virginia Revoir said...

Hey well my aunt was 48 when she had her last baby! lol. Everyone was surprised but happy for her. :)