summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

adventure!!!

today we are going on and adventure. Mirielle and Margaret are supposed to plan the destination. I think they are choosing a state park we haven't been to. The kids are sleeping so late these days, I don't know when we will get out the door...at ten o'clock, I was preparing my honey wheat English muffin with crunchy peanut butter, and cold sliced peach, and coffee with half and half, and I was the only one up except for Rosie, who was lying on the floor, exhausted from our walk.

Yesterday was an adventure, too. Mali needed some new running shoes. She found a pair for a reasonable price, then we scoured the clearance racks at Kohl's, but everything is so expensive, even when it is 70 or 80% off. I did get Charlotte Claire one pair of plaid capris and a cute little top. Not too cute, though, or she won't wear it. She wants to be Pretty, NOT Cute, she tells us.

Then to Target...again. I got another cooler for our camping trip, another air mattress, and a few Christmas presents.

Price-Chopper. Eggs and yogurt and peppers and paper plates for camping. Then BJ's for a big bag of Nestle chocolate chips, pretzel M&M's for camping, crackers, milk, chicken. And: almost a thousand dollars worth of stuff for the Grill at church summer conference. Three carts full. And I am not even a third of the way done. I think I got most of the expensive stuff though, the chicken breast and wings, and burgers, and hot dogs. Then, out to the conference center to put it all away.

Home, finally.

Today I really could stay home and do things around here, but it is supposed to be 89 degrees and sunny. Tomorrow is going to be 92, and Thursday 98. That is too hot to be taking kids around in the big van with no air conditioning. So today, our adventure.

I talked to Private First Class Benjamin Paul yesterday. Phew, I was getting a little worried about him, but he is fine. Homesick though. The movers have not moved their stuff yet, they are living with no furniture except for the Coleman inflatable queen sized bed I had gotten on clearance at Target, and insisted they take on the plane with them. I plan on adding some good stuff to their pile, some surprises. Hey, it will be sent for "free", compliments of the U.S. Government. Which gives some clue to why they moved there in June and won't get their stuff until August. (and people want Government run health care?? blah)

Well, seven of the kids are here in the living room now, all awake and chatty. I can no longer concentrate.

No comments: