summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, July 1, 2011

quick post on a nice day

81 degrees and sunny, with a slight breeze, low humidity...perfect. Mirielle and I took the princesses to a few places this morning, a stop at the dollar store, into BigLots for some Balance bars and some marked down snacks...then to the music store for some guitar strings for Paul...then to Wegmans for cheese and spinach and pears and plums and bananas and a watermelon and milk and chicken and eggs and a few marked down pool floats...

Home. Ahh. Nice to be home. Put the stuff away and got into the pool as quickly as I could...a nice swim, some sunshine, a snack of yogurt and blueberries with a few chocolate chips and peanuts on top...now on to the treadmill, which I do not feel like doing, but I shall anyway.....

Summertime is so sweet and blissful. The girls brought out a bunch of their dollhouse camping stuff...yes, their dollhouse people have a driving camper and two pop-ups, a couple of tents, some Adirondack chairs, a plastic campfire, and sleeping bags....they filled the dollhouse pool with pool water, and played on some blankets in the yard for hours. They took the dollhouse people in the big pool in the little dollhouse boats....

Paul took the day off...he has been puttering around in the garden, and working on a guitar he and Joseph are building, and trying to get the weedeater going. It is nice to have him home, but I am becoming resigned to the fact that the only time we ever sit down together and relax in the sun is when we go to the Caribbean....

Now, the girls are having Popsicles and I shall get my sneakers on....

No comments: