summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, July 3, 2011

july should just stay around all year....

Here is why:

1. Today is sunny and 85 degrees, clear blue sky...

2. Abigail is here lounging around with us.

3. The little girls have set up dollhouses all over the deck.

4. I have had my bathing suit on all day, at one point there were twelve of us in the pool.

5. Rosie went in the pool today.

6. The chicken for dinner is marinating in the 'fridge....I shall mosey on out and grill it on the New Grill soon...

7. Mali and Kathryn made a huge pasta salad for dinner.

8. Our garden is yielding plenty of tender crispy radishes, and lettuce.

9. Paul has been home...he has finished up the guitar, built trellises for the beans and peas in the garden, and played with the kids...

10. I think I fully enjoy these days because I REMEMBER how crazy busy it used to be with babies and one year olds and two year olds.....my times in the pool were rare and my sunbathing times scattered. (of course I would take the babies and toddlers any day! I was just saying today that I want a baby for my birthday....)

Yes, life used to be much much busier. Seems pretty easy now, comparatively. I mean, when Benjamin was ten years old, he was in that horrible boat accident (he fell of the front of a platoon boat, went under and hit the motor....106 stitches...if the blade of the motor hadn't hit his hip...)anyway, he was ten, and I was 8 and half months pregnant for Evelyn....she was born, and he was the oldest of nine kids. Of course I had Abigail who was 12, and Emily, who was 14....Emily who was a great help when she was helping, but who also liked to climb trees and read books. At the same time, she was always looking for a hideyplace to go read....anyway, life has been so busy at times through the years....it is like it is sort of winding down for me....

I am thinking about the future....when they are all in school....I would like to go to college, but we shall see. Maybe I will get a few sewing machines and make princess dresses, or build a thriving e-bay business....or just stay here and wash towels and match socks and cook yummy meals for the growing kids....

1 comment:

Martha said...

You made me smile with your last comment about washing towels and matching socks. I am wondering what I will do when September rolls around. I am missing my little guys yet knowing I would be going absolutely crazy if I were trying to babysit and do this week at the same time. Funny thing, I will be babysitting, but it will be Lucas and Simon when that baby decides to arrive.