summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

aren't they cute?

I got interrupted while posting the pictures. Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, and Sonja out on the deck, posing in their new jackets and and sandals....the other picture is obviously Camille Anaya. She loves her fingers and her thumb, which is worth a million dollars...

It's supposed to be another nice day, 65 degrees. And it's Paul's birthday, he is 46 today. I can't believe I'm married to a 46 year old man! I just don't feel old. I shock myself when I remember I'm 42, I still feel 20....in spirit that is - my body knows full well how old it is...

So to celebrate, we'll have steak on the grill, which is really $1.99 roast cut into steaks, and my baker daughter who doesn't like her name used will bake her sinfully delicious homemade chocolate torte. The kids are excited, they always like some candles and the birthday song.....

Jon is driving me crazy, but he doesn't mean it. He wants to get out all the Little People stuff from the bedroom closet. I have collected it through the years, it's the old stuff that Fisher-Price doesn't make anymore. We have the marina, the barn, the house, a McDonalds, a merry-go-round, a ferris wheel, the garage, two cottages, etc......He will have it all out by the end of the day, because he is a determined boy....and I am still like a kid, I love to set it up....

2 comments:

Cassandra said...

Hi Della,
Love the pics youve put up...Shoe shopping with girls is fun, although i only have the 1 girl, but on sunday we went shopping and she found a pair of black patent (you know, super shiny..) leather shoes she just HAD to have... So cute....
And Happy Birthday to Paul :-)
Cassandra

mommeeof10 said...

My cousins had all the original fisher price stuff. The town, the school, the airport were all set up in the basement. My aunt and uncle didn't care as they were rarely in the basement. At least the toy mess lived downstairs, out of view of visitors.

We have 3 bedrooms upstairs and made the family room into the master bedroom on the first floor. The toy explosion is corralled as best as we can. Once I finish sorting all the bins in the attic, I'll need to just have a few toys down and switch them every month or so. My siblings are very generous and always buy my kids multiple presents for birthdays and Christmas. I don't have to buy them much. For an early Christmas present this year, mom got a new pc and the processor and powersupply on my 3 yr old one died and we could not find a new one at a decent price. Mom rarely gets to use her pc. You think with 5 working pc's in the house, 3 of which the kids are allowed to use (no one but daddy is allowed to touch his servers), that I might get time on my pc in the daytime, but you would be wrong. Good thing work is boring today. :)