summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

shopping for sandals day

....Yesterday, I took Joseph, 16, and Camille to Wal-Mart and BJ's warehouse club....Joe is going on a trip to the Southwest, New Mexico, and Arizona with some friends. He needed a hat, sunglasses, ect....Then we needed diapers....anyway, that was a nice time spent with Mr. Joe. He is my artistic one. He draws, and he plays guitar and piano. He and I sometimes read the same books, which is mainly why I read them, to have something to talk to him about. He is quiet, wise, and respectful, and he loves the two kitties we have,
General Thunder and Kitten Force.

But today's shopping trip was different. I took Mariel, Molly, Sam, Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jon, Charlotte Claire and Camille. Our first stop was to look (again) for sandals. I have mentioned before how much fun it is to go in a shoe aisle with a bunch of little girls, though Jon isn't much different...but we survived. Then, I found some $2 chair pads, a $3 sweatshirt for Joe, some $3 jackets for the girls, all matching in different colors, what fun!

Then, on to the grocery store....the big girls hate pushing those car-carts....but it is the absolute highlight of Jon's existence to ride in a car-car-cart.....It makes the grocery store his favorite destination. This particular store gives out balloons for kids, and 5 of these guys got one. So after we get out of the store, we're heading toward the van, and who do we see? My sister, mom to seven beautiful girls, and one beautiful grandaughter. She comments that we look like a parade....which is exactly why my few older girls were so thrilled to be out with us all today....they don't like to be stared at, but what can you do?

1 comment:

junglemama said...

Wow! What a shopping excursion. And I thought it was crazy when I take all five of my girls!