summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, April 13, 2008

home again

We are home from our weekend away. Jon was so glad to see us, and his new raincar. Daddy already assembled it, and Jon is riding around in the house because it is very chilly here in the Northeast....under 40 degrees today. And Suzanne is the one who needed the new bike. I'm glad I don't believe in fairness among the siblings, it would be way too hard that way. The other kids are glad Suz has a new bike...of course, it is a plain red boy's bike, if it was pink and fluffy and princess-y, it might be a little harder for them to handle.

Yeah, our new septic pump is nice. Almost $2000 for the whole patching of the tank, pumping, ect.....happy homeowners, that's us. Hey, we lived in a single-wide mobile home with 5 kids, so we are thankful to have a house.....also, when we got home, the beautiful outer door that Paul put on last year was broken....the whole frame was disconnected from the house...I guess it was stuck, and someone helped it, and voila, it broke. Paul is working on fixing that now. It seems like it's all we can do to maintain what we have, and never get ahead. No home improvement here, just barely home maintenance....funcional, that's us. No landscaping, a few spring flowers, though. They are so pretty. But I'm not complaining. I don't own a single thing that will go with me to heaven.

Emily was great with these guys this weekend. We live near one of the old Erie Canal locks, and she brought all the kids there yesterday. It was about 65 degrees, and the water was freezing, but I guess they "waded"....Emily has a real gift for making things fun for the kids. The had some friends over last night, played some board games, and talked. She only has 3 free days in the next 19......so I appreciate it when she spends her time here helping. Of course there's dollhouse stuff spread all over the living room....and there were Kix crunching under my feet when I came in.....I swept first thing.....but Abigail is with M. at a pre-lifeguarding class today, Joe is in the Southwest, Ben at work, so Emily , Aaron, Molly, and Sam took Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jon, and Charlotte to the meeting this morning. Dressing, brushing, and feeding them is a big job. So a few Kix on the floor: I can take it.

The kids are on spring break this week, but M. has a lifeguarding class Monday through Friday, at 9:00....so SOMEONE has to get out of bed each day to drive her....I have to take Kathryn to the dentist, a Dr. appt. for me, and a check-up for Charlotte and Camille. Plus I have to do some fasting bloodwork one of the days before my appt......spring break for THEM, I guess. It'll be good to have them all here, though. Uh-oh, the raincar is plowing through the dollhouse stuff....gotta go.

No comments: