summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, April 3, 2008

molly's new glasses

Molly really wants contacts. I'm not so sure I'm ready for the expense, or that she's ready for the responsibility. The opthomologist doesn't believe contact lenses are healthy. So, I was nice and got her new frames for her new prescription. She had her old glasses for 2 years, and for a 14 year old, that must seem like forever. Just her, sweet little baby Camille, and I went to the appointment, and then on to the great and powerful Wal-Mart to get her glasses....and of course, a couple gallons of milk, some bananas, bagels, and popscicles. Our kids eat popscicles all year round, especially Charlotte Claire....Wal-Mart sells an 18 pack of two-stickers for $1.66....I also got a pair of sweat pants for Kathryn for $1.00....anyway, we didn't do too badly, as we were able to go through the 20 item or less register...and I would never cheat on that! As we got back into the truck (oh, I forgot, before Wallyworld we went through the McD's drivethrough for an ice cream, shh!), anyway, we got in the truck, and Molly said, "Well, we stopped and smelled the roses today, didn't we, Mom? We really know how to dawdle..." I asked her if she enjoyed our quality time, and she did. We had a great time together. I tried to use the time with her carefully, she tends to have low self-esteem. It takes a bit to get her warmed up, but then she started talking...she is a beautiful girl. It is very difficult to be a teenager in this world today. For a girl to keep herself pure, and be faithful to God is in itself a beautiful thing. I knew Paul was here with the others, on and they were fine, so we enjoyed ourselves. When we got home, dinner was on the table.

I liked the comments, it's neat that anyone reads this. It seems pretty boring to me....but, my kids are so cute. Nothing I've done, they came that way and just kept improving. Kathryn, 10, and Charlotte Claire, 22 months, are cuddled under a comforter. Jon, almost 4, Sonja, 5, and Suzanne, 7, are all tucked in to bed. Daddy read the Zoom, by Robert Munsch, about a girl and a powerful wheelchair...it's such a good story. Jon likes it over and over again. Jon is Mr. Hopeful, he always brings a whole stack of books for Daddy....

We had 16 deer in the backyard this evening. We've had them before, but not this many at a time. It was very cool. Our dog, Champ, is getting old, and his hearing is not what it used to be. A few years ago, he'd have been bounding out there after them...

My dear sweet husband is getting a new guitar. He ordered it, and can actually track the process of it's manufacture, online. He is pretty excited about it. I am glad he plays guitar, it seems to sooth him.

I wish my hobby and/or talent was cleaning and organizing the house. That would be neat if I loved it. I hate crumbs and clutter enough, but wish I had more of that nesting instinct energy day in day out...but then again, I did get outside with the kids today, in the sunshine. The grass is always greener....I think spending time with these guys is totally worthwhile.

No comments: