summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

daddy's home again day

It is nice to have him here, but different. I still talk to my sister on the phone, but cut it a little short. I mean, it's one thing to ignore a little bad behavior, and do those little threatening hand motions that kids whose moms are on the phone understand but pay no attention to when no one is here, but, when he's home....well, I guess I behave a little better myself. I realize I spend a bit more time in my chair than I thought I did....

Today has been a non-stop party. Jon and Charlotte thought that the toy bench would be better empty, so they could pretend to take a bath in it. Thankfully their water was only pretend. Then Jon decided for no reason I can discern, to empty out the two bins of dollhouse stuff. Add this to the Waffletown blocks and roadway all over the living room, and we're almost making mom crazy. But not yet, Charlotte Claire has to empty a packet of cocoa mix all over the shoes in the closet. And Jon, not wanting to get his feet all cocoa-y (is that a real word? it should be), put his boots on....dried mud all over the bottoms, of course. He made only one trip across the floor before his mom stopped him. Why is the kitchen so long when it needs to be swept, and so short when we try to all fit in it? Add to all this Miss Camille, my patient little sweetie. She loves to watch all this. Today, she sat in one of her 15 strollers, the red Bumbleride, in the kitchen while the other 2 gave her every baby toy they found in the toy bench. Then Charlotte Claire stood up on the bench and sunk her cute little teeth into the foam handle of the pram. I'll never be able to sell it on ebay.... Charlotte Claire is very petite. She is almost 23 months old, and weighs about 23 lbs., while Camille, almost 5 months, is about 17 lbs...Anyway, Miss Petite has no patience for eating. She likes pretzels. And scrambled eggs with ham and cheese, from my plate. I put her in the highchair with her very own plate, and all she did was play in them.

No comments: