summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, April 24, 2008

our thursday

Well, the house is not spotless, but we did get some things done here this afternoon. The kids pitched in quite willingly. The 4 little kids who share a room can't keep it clean at all. They need help in there. Everytime we get it all fixed up, and they swear they'll never get it messy again, never bring all those papers and crayons in, never leave their underwear on the floor....but after a week or so, it starts up again....Obviously, there are a lot of kids in a small room. But that's how it is....and we are trying to clean it up again, for the birthday party on Saturday. It's nice to have a clean, fun room to bring your friends into when you turn 6 years old, like Sonja.

M. made us a delicious dinner tonight: grilled chicken breast, crumbled bacon, and green peppers on tortillas (fajitas).....and watermelon. It was hard to put some aside for Emily and Abigail, who were in classes....but we did. Then, I gave Camille to Joseph, (16), and fulfilled a promise I made to my kids if they cleaned up for me: I made chocolate chip cookies. A double batch, with mostly brown sugar (as opposed to white), 1/2 butter and 1/2 shortening, and lots of chocolate chips. I baked 4 sheets of them, and put a small amount of dough in the refrigerator. Which is good, because we didn't set any aside for poor Abigail. And Sam only got one with a bite out of it. So, tomorrow I'll bake up the rest and give them first dibs..

Tomorrow I have to take Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille, and pick up Mariel and Molly from school, andgo shopping. We have our meals planned for the next week based on the stuff on sale, and have to also get stuff for the birthday party. And a present for Sonja. Even though I have lots of stuff in my closet, that I've bought on clearance and socked away. Because Sonja saw the Target ad, with a $19 scooter on the cover....and now she wants it for her birthday. I sure hope they have some left, or at least one left. If not, I may get her a bike, because hers is so small. So another busy day....

No comments: