summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

dr. day for mommy

Telebonkers! That is what they yell when the phone rings. The telebonker box, that is the phone. Sam likes to honk Camille's butt. Molly is flying Camille up in the air like a float in a parade....Camille is getting irresistably cute, cuter every day. Her pudgy little arms go up and down when she's excited, like they're being yanked by invisible strings.

Anyway, I went to the dr today, and I cannot believe how much younger my doctor is than me. How can that possibly be? He is a nice guy. And my blood pressure was low, 110/70, my good cholesterol was high, my bad stuff was low, my sugar levels were low, my knee is better, and I lost 5 lbs. So, maybe I shouldn't be quite so terrified tonight of dying in my sleep. The older I get, the more anxiety creeps in about my health. And certain things are scarier than others. For instance, a heart attack or stroke, just hearing the symptoms makes me a little dizzy. But being hit by a car doesn't seem to affect me. And cancer sounds awful, but doesn't terrify me. It's a darn good thing that God is in charge of my life and death, because I had to choose, what would I choose?

M. and are going to do some meal planning, and go shopping on Friday....we're trying to be a little more organized. We are also going to have a birthday party on Saturday for Sonja, who is turning 6, and Jon, who will be four. With lots of extra kids over. I'm thinking of a pinata, and a hot dog cook-out.

I can't write right now, M. is thinking out loud about meals, we can't even decide on the first one. I'll have to try this later.

No comments: