summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, December 15, 2011

back to regular life...

Ha, "regular". Actually it is really good here. Mirielle, Joseph, Aaron, and Mali are all on college break, so yesterday it was a bit hard to leave with Kathryn to bring her to the dr. (she has migraines, it seems). The boys had "bling" on kitty, a nice string of beads which drove Kitty crazy, made him go in circles...they are just glad to have some down time, and it is so nice to have them around. I tried to talk them into helping me paint the kitchen, but they are being brats about it. I might have to put my foot down...

It is cozy in here. Lights in the windows and the tree lit up, the stockings are washed and drying on the kitchen chairs, ready to hang, 17 of them. I still have presents to wrap. And, as usual, I have lost track of what I have gotten for whom. Some of them will get more than others, but they are used to that. We are doing, "Secret Santa", and I know who alot of them have, primarily because I have to buy the gifts for them. This year I actually remembered to get something for the person I have. Hey, between the gifts they have to get for school exchanges, the things they like to get for their friends, ect...it is a bit crazy.

Mali made Muddy Buddies last night, Chex cereal with peanut butter, tons of chocolate chips melted, and confectioner's sugar on top...oh dear, I sampled a bit, and was like, "Kids, eat these up quick!" It is the season for suffering, for me. It is time to make those yummy cut out cookies. I think I will chew gum as I make them so I don't eat all the broken ones. Or all the crispy ones. Or all the ones that just look good.

Vacation weight: almost gone. I gained a lovely five pounds, which is No Fair. In six stinkin' days. And that was being careful! Ha, not TOO careful. The desserts...even in moderation, they pack it on...and the drinks, those frozen slushie ones are full of sugar...anyway, it was totally worth it, but I am glad that I am back down to only one pound more than when I left. I shall be careful about cookies and fudge, really careful.

Benjamin and Ashley will be here on Saturday, yay! Aaron's surgery is on Monday, not yay. I just hope for clear weather because I will be driving right on the southern shore of Lake Snow Machine, a.k.a Ontario. I live in Snow Country and hate driving in snow. The tension gives me major headaches. We also want to schedule a family photo before the surgery, since it might be a while before Aaron feels like getting his picture taken.

Hmm, I think I will guilt the older ones into helping me paint the kitchen. There is no "good" time to do it, we just have to do it while they are home. Joseph DID say he would do the whole thing if I let him pick the color, but since I am not stupid, and since I remember when he wanted black for his room and we settled on dark chocolate brown, I said, "No, thank you."

Perhaps I will just get sweetie-pie little Camille dressed and go up to Walmart and get a few cans, some brushes, and a few roller covers...wait, I should do a little spackling first...hmm, I think I will just do this. After all, it is Christmas, and they will feel obligated to help...

No comments: