summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, December 16, 2011

friday friday friday!

Aah, the weekend, time to relax. ha. First of all, my big plans to paint? ha. ha ha ha. I had already abandoned them when my sister called me yesterday and asked me if I had already been to Walmart, and I didn't have a clue what she was talking about. See, I wrapped presents yesterday. For a few hours. Camille helped me, she can wrap one all by herself if I cut the paper for her. And it doesn't look too different from the ones I wrap. Evelyn was here, so she finished up for me for only five dollars. I did laundry and sweeping and cleaning up, and some exercise...

Dinner is always my big dilemma. You would think I would have it down pat by now. But no, it is the daily dread...what the heck to feed fifteen or so people. I decided on chicken soup. I chopped up chicken breast, rolled it in flour and chicken seasoning, browned it up, added it to three cans of Cream of Chicken soup with lots of water, and let it simmer...then I got to what I really wanted to do, making a huge batch of cut out cookie dough. As I was making the cookies, YAY, Emily came in...with regular clothes, as Jonny pointed out, which meant she was not on her way to work, and would be staying a while. Yay! Because guess what? Emily likes to make a pot of soup. I told her she could do whatever she wanted with it...I don't know what she did, but it was good. Corn, veggies, seasoning...she also made a huge batch of biscuits. Thank you, Em!

We didn't frost the cookies yet, that we shall do this afternoon. I want to have everything else done so the kids can come in the door and frost cookies and have tea, and I shall be patient and not nag them about too many sprinkles, and I will remind them ever-so-gently not to lick their fingers or they are done....

Evelyn was helping me with the cut outs last night...the dough was kind of sticky, and the first rollouts weren't coming out well, and she quit, said it was stressful because of MOM. What? Was I really being naggy? Ouch! I do not want to be naggy! Can I have a re-do? blah.

Today we are going on an outing, so I had better get my lazy self out of this chair. Emily and Joseph and Aaron and Mirielle and Mali and Camille and I....where will we go? What will we do? I love it!!! I have to get a few Secret Santa presents still, and need more blueberries for my oatmeal...I want to do a quick meal plan with Mirielle before we go, too.

Ben and Ashley get home tomorrow!!!! He loves cut out cookies, so we will have a huge plate of them ready for him. I would also like to make some chocolate chip with red and green M&M's. blah, I need to duct tape my self-destructive mouth closed for the next two weeks. I ate so well yesterday, yet the cookie dough I tasted...and tasted...and tasted...blah. I like the dough better than the cookies...until the cookies come out of the oven, that is...

Time to go...

3 comments:

Martha said...

If you need blueberries, you should be headed this way. I have a freezer full of them.

No rest for me this weekend. I'm afraid Sunday is packed full of more things than I can manage to keep up with: church, birthday party, calling hours, Christmas program... I think I've scarcely rested since you left. Wait, i did just catch a quick nap this afternoon.

Debbie said...

its been almost a year since I visited your blog and my goodness I am in love with your new pics! What a beautiful family and looks like you had a little vacation! Hopefully I will be an active blogger again!

mommeeof10 said...

I'm lazy. Sugar cookie dough, if not chilled, goes through the cookie press just fine and is much faster than chilling and rolling it out. I was going to make many cookies yesterday. My appliances conspired against me. My 11 month old washer died Thursday night. The error code pointed to a communication error between the printed circuit boards. I let it sit for a while, then plugged it back in, to have a different error code. So we dragged the old one across the sun porch to the new hook ups the plumber just connected and plugged it in with an extension cord. I did not get the laundry done like I usually do before I start my work weeks on Saturday. Boo, insert pouty face here. After being unplugged for overnight, the new one worked again when I plugged it in. I only have 1 dryer working now, as the electrician says we will need another panel, the breaker box is full. I know we have a few old circuits that needs to be rewired and they each have only 2 items on their respective breakers. I bet Dad can move things around in the box and help me rewire those circuits, adding the outlets to other ones, so we can move the breakers around and have two slots beside each other for another 30 amp breaker. YAY!