summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

do i really have to get up?

Kitty kitten is sitting between my computer and me. He is cuddly and warm and purring. I just finished my afternoon coffee, it is getting darkish in here. The tree lights are on, and it is cozy. Jon is playing Wii, Sonja is having pretzels and peanutbutter, Suzanne is doing pull-ups as usual, Kathryn is playing with the princesses, and Evelyn is having some cheezies. Sonja does not want to go to the concert, but Jonathan does. I do not want to go either, but don't tell them.

I have towels in the wash, and need to fix something for dinner. I have been gone today, so I didn't do much around here. Aaron did have an ear infection. Poor kid went to BJ's with me, one day after his surgery and with his ear hurting. I tried to hurry, I really did.

I think I inadvertently made Ashley feel bad, and I wish I could do a re-do. I love her to pieces, she is a sweet girl. I want to be the nice mother-in-law, one who lets her be who she is with no demands, one she doesn't have to pretend to like. I just need to think before I speak! blah.

Does anyone else out there turn into Mama Bear when men look at their daughters? rrr, I hate it. Okay, a glance is forgivable, but there is this guy who works at BJs, I won't say what I wanted to do, but I do not like him. He is creepy, he looks at even my younger girls. Not once or twice, but this drooly-staring thing, I hate it. Mirielle was the IceQueen when we walked by him the second time today, I was proud of her. She simply looked the other way and ignored him. I wanted to say something mean to him. Not nice, am I?

Sonja is sitting her saying that she wants either glasses, a broken arm, or a broken leg, or braces. But not all of them. What is she thinking?

Well...time marches on, and here I sit with comfy Kitten....procrastinating....

7 comments:

Mary Kate said...

In all honesty, that guy at the store needs to be reported to management. And, I always give those guys a good long stare up and down and make sure they see me doing it. But, truly, I would report him; before someone gets hurt.

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

I am alwlays amazed by your motivation! I want you to do a "day in the life blog" I would love to see how your household run complete with pics......I feel like my life is chaotic with 6......stop on over by my new blog sometime......I could use some motivation!

Mike and Katie said...

I think Sonja is saying she wants some attention. I remember thinking like that when I was her age. Although, glasses or braces would be my pick over broken leg. ;)

ccc said...

No, you are not the only one who does not like guys looking at their girls-especially creepy guys who practically drool like you described!
My kids also say that that they want braces, glasses, broken bones. But, then when they get them they wonder why they wanted them. I remember always wanting braces when I was younger--so goofy!

16 blessings'mom said...

Mary Kate...I also think Sonja wants attention. When I was in elementary school, I wanted crutches so badly. It is my chief concern here, doling out the attention. As far as Creepy Guy goes, I don't know...he is middle aged and works at a store...just because he looks doesn't mean he will do anything...what if he gets fired? Cindy: I can't get to your blog!! When I click on your name, it brings up two blogs, one older one and one with no posts. help! You can email me if you like at dellamom16@yahoo.com, because I would love to catch up with you!

thestrykergirls said...

Mr. Creepy also gazes at me with interest, but I think that's b/c he knows I have been there with my modest, yet lovely, daughters. I think he's basically of low intelligence, not that there's anything wrong about that, but he seems to me to be harmless, too. I remember being young and a bit more attractive, pretty much asking to be looked at, then being annoyed. I know from experience this is not happening here, (our girls do not seek that kind of attention, on purpose!) and he just probably hasn't much going for him, and doesn't realize how ridiculous he appears to be!

I, too, was jealous of my close friend who had braces, she absolutely hated them! And the most popular kids in school always had a broken something! Have her wrap up her ankle or elbow..She is so beautiful, but they all are..

cheryl said...

That was me..