summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, December 31, 2011

last day of the year...

two kitties in a box...what fun! If you guessed Joseph and Aaron as the ones who put these kitties in the box, you would be right!

Last night was supposed to be, "Sincerity Night". But it didn't work out. Emily was here, Abigail was here, two cousins were here, Ben and Ashley came in from visiting relatives...but somehow, it didn't come together like I had planned. It thought it would be nice to just sit around and take turns saying nice things to each other that we usually don't say. We are much better at teasing and sarcasm.

Our bowling trip didn't work out either. There was a really long wait for lanes, so we decided to skip it...I had already promised the little girls a fun outing, so I had to think of something else...so we went to McDonald's playland. Emily, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, Camille, and I...we used lots of coupons, so the girls got yummy things like Frappes and Peppermint cocoas...I behaved myself and had only one French Fry. Mirielle texted me and said the toothpaste fell in the toilet, so would I kindly bring some more home...after dropping off some clothes at the Salvation Army, (Emily also ran in and bought a nice bookcase she saw on display outside the door), running into Rite-Aid for toothpaste, a bag of half price M&M's and some Reeses Christmas candy, we stopped at Little Caesars for our dinner, five pizzas.

Home...and two pieces of pizza...PLUS the piece Camille didn't finish, ugh. I do not eat pizza anymore...blah. Then, M&M's....too many...then, yes, there is more...some of that superb Swiss Chocolate from Wegmans...oh my, smooth and yummy. I shudder to think of the calories...today, I will behave all day. I need my total strictness and motivation back!!!!

Anyway. It was really nice not to spend a few hours preparing dinner, then all the time cleaning up...the kids really really appreciate having that pile of pizzas come in the door.

It is rather nice out today, above freezing. The road is wet but not slippery. I couldn't walk far because Charlotte Claire and Camille were the only ones up. I gave them showers and warm clothes and cereal, then took Rosie just up the road a tiny bit one way then the other and then the first way again...

So I think I might sneak back out for another walk. Maybe I will even run a few feet. Running puts things in perspective for me, helps me see how in shape I am NOT.

The kids are all hyped up because we are going to our church for our annual New Year's celebration, which includes a bouncy house. The certainly have enough excess energy for that!!!

I am super sad that Benjamin's time home is coming to an end...he leaves on Monday morning. We won't see him for at least a year. He is deploying probably in April and won't have enough leave to come home before that. It is just so nice to have him around. So normal, so good. He is such a good kid. Wah. Just wah.

1 comment:

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

you are so motivated, I love it! I want some of your motivation for the new year