summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, June 18, 2012

oh dear monday again...

Our family tree, done by my mother-in-law, Eleanor. This picture doesn't do it justice, perhaps I will try to get a better one. Is it hung on the wall yet...? not quite. almost. it's on the list. I really really like it.



Look who I have this morning! Baby Davian! He is such a sweetie!Camille is a little bit jealous, but she does love Davian. I try to get her to "help" as much as I can, it helps ward off the jealousy.

Today is the last day of school for my three youngest kids!!! Not officially, but the weather forecast is for 90 degrees tomorrow, and 95 on Wednesday, which is a half day anyway. So, today they are done, as far as I am concerned. (Sonja and Charlotte Claire have field trips tomorrow...way too hot to walk to the ice cream place for a kindergardener, and way too hot to go off on the bus to the agricultural museum.)

Samuel has to go to an orientation for a county summer job this afternoon. I forgot all about it. dang.

There are seven kids in the living room right now, plus Davian. So much for all the things I had to say, I am so distracted. I started this post bright and early, then Davian got here...but I don't mind.

Mirielle is packing up a box to send to Benjamin, and I have things to do...my niece Carrie was feeling awful yesterday so she is in the hospital with kidney stones, possible meningitis...she is a cancer survivor, she had childhood leukemia, a rare form. Her health hasn't been good for quite a while now, so I hope this hospital stay is short and not too serious. I am possibly going to go get my sister-in-law's two youngest children to stay here for the day....

Our Father's Day was nice, except for all of our kids aged 12 and up were invited to a Graduation party yesterday, wah. I had a steak-on-the-grill meal planned, so I just grilled half of it, along with some veggies. Some mashed potatoes for the little kids, and what a nice dinner.

The older kids came home and we had a nice time sitting out on the deck visiting. Instead of an evening walk, I went for a sunset swim with Suzanne, Sonja, and Jonathan. The water was warmer than the air.

I love summer. I love having the kids here without having to give my excuses to the school nurse. I love having no schedules, and the continuous possibilities for adventures...spur of the moment adventures. I don't love the 24 hour kitchen, but I think it is better than scheduling everything and making the older kids get up early and eat breakfast all together...their breakfast is sometimes later than our lunch.

Davian likes our baby swing...the music is playing, the mobile is going around with the brightly colored fish...he has his pacifier in his mouth and is looking and looking, but his eyelids are closing for longer times, he cannot stay awake much longer. He looks SO cute, we think he could be in a baby swing commercial.

Time to move it...




















































2 comments:

madeleine said...

Oh Della, I am so jealous of your beautiful Summer weather and your kids are trickling home for the hot weather. We've just croached on Winter here in Australia and I'm longing for longer, warmer days. Will live vicariously through you for the next few months!

T.L. said...

beatiful family tree!
I'm jealous you have a summer at all.. we are still waiting for the rain to go away..