summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

weekly weigh-in....

Down a pound and a half from last Tuesday. I figured out that in the last eight weeks I have lost 7.6 pounds. Not as fast as I would like, but it could be worse. ha, it could be raining.

And it has made a difference, I tried on some jeans I had bought a while back that were so tight I had to lie down to zip them, and voila! I zipped them standing them up. I am not brave enough to wear them yet though, too tight. I did buy a new jean skirt yesterday too, my favorite one is getting loose. It hurt to buy a new one, it wasn't even on sale....

This morning Paul called and woke me up at 8:30. He was surprised I was still sleeping. Duh, hon, it's summer! And I did stay up late and watch the new Sherlock Holmes movie with Mirielle and Sam and Margaret and Kathryn and Evelyn and Suzanne. (and I did have popcorn...). Anyway, he called me to say his friend at work said someone called the SPCA wanting a...sheepdog. So, the SPCA is supposed to be calling me. I was going to call the shelter I mentioned yesterday, and now I am waiting again. blah. It isn't that I want to dump my Rosie, not at all, I just want to get this resolved so we can get on with our summer.

In fact, Rosie has been such a good girl. She will still chase a car, of course, given the chance. And she tugs at the leash. And she lies down NEXT to her rug when told to Go Lie Down, instead of ON it, and gives me that look. But other than that, she has been so good. Mary, you suggested putting her out back in her own little place with a fence. Well, Rosie is too much a people person, it would be torture for her. And me. She would stand out there looking at me...she is a house dog.

Anyway, it is nice out right now and I guess I will just chill and wait for my phone call....



3 comments:

Mary said...

I figured that wouldn't work since she has been so very loved, but I thought maybe that could be a solution. Too bad it isn't that easy, huh? I am sorry! I will pray for you to get a response and for someone to accept her. I will pray that she gets a new home that will show her love too. God bless you.
Love,
Mary

ccc said...

So happy that the jeans are fitting better!

Mum said...

Hope that phone call comes soon, it is so hard being in limbo. Good work with your weigh in. You are doing this! Life is a journey, and you are doing so well.