summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, September 13, 2013

a new car!!!

Aaron bought a new car today.

We were in the city and had to wait until some paperwork got figured out, insurance figured out, ect. So we went to a nice grocery store in the suburbs and had Chinese food (I only had a tiny bit, paying by the pound is a good diet helper). Anyway, we walked through the store, not wanting to go too far from the city, as we had to pick up that new car today. We ended up having to come home for something anyway, but we had fun burning time in the store. I tried not to think of all the things I could be doing at home, concentrating instead on helping Aaron make decisions, and just enjoying the day with he and Jonathan.

The car is a cool one! All-wheel drive, perfect for a young man who is a nurse and drives into the big city during the winter and works night shifts, perhaps driving before the snowplows come out. It gets good gas mileage, and has all the bells and whistles. Aaron has the same affinity for cars as I used to have for carriages and strollers. A Graco - no way. He chose a Subaru, in a nice shade of blue with heated seats and power everything. The good thing is that the car he shared with Mirielle will now be freed up for her, because she got a job!!!!

She is a registered nurse as well, and will be working at a hospital to the north of us. She is very very glad, she interviewed for a few jobs and this one was her first pick. She actually got a call with a job offer from another hospital right during her interview for this job.

Yes, my kids are growing up and I am getting old. Today is rainy and chilly and I feel old. I need to exercise, and make lots of lunch for tomorrow, our church soccer tournament. It will be busy, as I am watching not only my own kids, but my brother Tom's kids too, which is actually a joy. They are good kids, and just hang out with mine anyway. (my brother and his wife, Kim, are finally finally finally taking a vacation! 12 kids, and hardly a weekend away ever for them!!!)

And off I go to get out of my comfy chair on this dark cozy day...my coffee cup is empty...

1 comment:

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

what a nice car! My oldest just bought her first car....a mustang. It has been a uge stress on us all. Looks like he will be riding in style for a while.