summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, September 6, 2013

aaah, friday how I love thee....

This weekend is empty. Not planned. No fundraisers, no baseball games to work at. And guess who love it?

I am picking up my two littlest children from school this afternoon and taking them for ice cream. They remember that I did that on the first Friday of school last year, the little smarty-pants princesses. Please, Mama? Please? So now I hafta skip lunch so I can have an ice cream cone too.

Jamaica is calling me these days. This year is our 30th anniversary, don't you think we should go to Jamaica for like seven or eight days? Or perhaps to the Dominican Republic? Shh, I was sitting here in my comfy chair, looking at places, oh the warm and sunny beaches and pools with swim-up bars....one place has jacuzzi tubs out on the deck of each room. Or rooms with the pool running along right outside the room, just step outside for a swim. Or better yet, rooms right on the beach with ocean views. Some of the resorts have these virtual tours, so it seems like you are standing right there. Of course they are filmed when the places are empty, so there are no fat old Russian guys with rings on every finger, drinking vodka at ten a.m.

I am thinking it would be nice to go to an adults only place, me that loves kids so much. I do love them, but if I can't bring my own kids, I don't want to be splashed by spoiled kids. And I would really love to bring my own kids. Kind of. Sometime. :)

Nothing wrong with dreaming, right? Paul has been gone so much for work, three separate weeks spent in Louisiana, then the two weeks in Germany. When he's home, there are so many things to take care of, so our time together is limited. Now, I am not complaining, and if we can't go on another trip, we will be fine. But it is fun to think about. Sometimes I think it is worse that we have taken vacations, now we know what relaxation is, and how much fun we can have together!

Fall has arrived this morning, sunshine and crisp air! I already made pumpkin muffins the other day, and I cannot make them again, at least until I have a whole houseful of kids who want to help me eat them. I will not say how many I had, but it wasn't one and it wasn't two. I can not be trusted with a pumpkin muffin, and I darned well know it. So I will make pumpkin spiced coffee instead. And maybe some of those pumpkin Paleo cookies with toasted almonds.

I did make chocolate chip cookies last night. I have stayed away from those, but it was chilly in here, and I didn't think about it too much, I just made up a triple batch and baked some up, before I went out to put the chicken on the grill for dinner. I accidentally put in six sticks of butter instead of three, so they were really flat, and surprise! Really buttery. They taste absolutely amazing, even though the consistency is not right. I had to slap my little hand a few times. Oh, I didn't have a whole cookie. I do not eat cookies anymore. I just had a taste of dough. And another and another. And a little piece of cookie, and another and another. dang it. All my hard work, then I do something like make cookies. I need a clothespin on my nose and a piece of mint gum in my mouth.

Can you believe I am going to be a grandma soon? Benjamin and Ashley are having their baby next month! They will be home for Christmas with a two month old baby in tow!

Emily is working hard these days at her real job, and doing things with the younger girls, and helping plan for the church grill for the soccer weekend coming up.

Abigail is still home on medical leave from work, after her knee surgery.

Mirielle is all done with school, has passed her nursing exam, and is interviewing for jobs.

Joseph is doing drawing work online, he just finished helping illustrate a Christian children's book.

Aaron has a Real Job working at the same hospital as Emily, as an Registered Nurse. He had his wisdom teeth out yesterday.

Mali has started year two of nursing school, and is working part time as a receptionist at a hotel.

Sam is in his senior year at high school, he will be graduating in January and leaving for the Army sometime after. His official ship date is in July, but he is trying to move it up so he can go sooner.

Margaret is in eleventh grade and is in the top five of her class.

Kathryn is homeschooling, and is such a joy to be with.

Evelyn is in 8th grade.

Suzanne is in 7th grade.

Sonja is in 6th grade.

Jon, homeschooling 4th grade. He loves learning!

Charlotte Claire is in 2nd grade.

Camille is in 1st grade.

And that is all I have for today. Oh wait, let me mention that I am thankful for today. I am thankful for my kids, my family, my friends, and for everything that God sends my way.






















1 comment:

FLmom7 said...

I loved reading the update on all of your kids. Congrats on the coming-soon grandbaby! So exciting!