summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

first day of school

Homeschooling Kathryn and Jonathan is going to be fun! Our first day went well. After we got our basic work out of the way, we decided to do gym class (walking!), and art (photography!)at a local park. Suri got to go too, even though she is not homeschooling.

Sam,18, Margaret, 16, Sonja,11, Evelyn, 14 Suzanne, 12. And...

My first grader Camille Anaya, and second grader Charlotte Claire.

Jonathan Robert, such a character. He has been obsessing about tablets. He has researched them and ogled them and saved up money for one. Unfortunately he lost his cow wallet, but Gramma called yesterday and made his day! She took him shopping and let him pick one out! I don't think his feet have touched the ground yet. He has been just beside himself, downloading things and figuring things out. I was nice and let him use it to research some things for his first day of homeschooling.

Margaret 16, Kathryn 15, Evelyn 14, Suzanne 12, Sonja 11. My five-girls-in-five years. When they were little, I wondered what the teen years would be like. Oh my goodness. Worse than I could have ever imagined yet way better too. They are all so strong and opinionated, yet they have kind hearts and forgive each other...Taking them all shopping, like I did yesterday, is a wonderful adventure. They are good shoppers, they know how to find the clearance rack, but it certainly adds up!

Evelyn sometimes gets irritated when people look at us. Well, girls, act like normal human beings and maybe people won't stare! One of these girls pushed her sister through the whole grocery store in a cart, I just pretended I did not know them.

So we survived our first day of school. I did cry when that school bus swallowed up my little girls. But not for long, thanks to sweet little Jonathan, who was all gung-ho to start work on his first project, an essay about his shopping trip with Gramma, followed by a thank you note to her.

Paul worked from home today, which was kind of nice. This is my first bit of down-time yet today, and I have to get those little princesses tucked into bed soon. We have chosen clothes for tomorrow and packed lunches. I filled out several packets of paperwork, they need one of each sheet for each child, and seven are in public school now.

I think I am ready to get back on a better schedule, since I woke up at six this fine morning.

And that is all the exciting stuff I have for now....









No comments: