summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, September 20, 2013

always keep your hair clean, 'cause you never know when you have to go to the hospital...

Seeing as this wasn't an emergency, I didn't really HAVE to go with him, but Aaron cut his face on a shelf he was taking apart last night. Right after I got the little ones tucked in, and was resting comfortably in my comfy chair with my feetsies up. He walked into the living room holding a cloth to his face, then took it off to show me, asking what I thought. Oh dear, the bottom of my stomach fell. I don't like owies much. It wasn't terribly bad, but it was gaping enough, and being a facial wound, it needed to be fixed up professionally.

Now, I am not about to let him go to the hospital all alone, even if he is 20 years old.

It took way too long, and we were home way too late, but of course I wouldn't NOT go with him.

One thing I learned from my mother was to enjoy where you are when you are there, make the most of it, so I did. I spent time with Aaron, and enjoyed it.

I asked him what he would have done if I had been in my jammies, like lots of other people seemed to be. He said he would have gone alone. (I know that in true emergencies, one can't always change one's clothing, but seriously, these days wearing jamma pants seems to be the norm)

Aaron did break my heart yesterday. He decided the Time Has Come. He is moving out. He has a renovated room in Emily's big old house in town. He will be working nights soon, and has to sleep during the day which, around here, ha. So off he goes. He was packing when he cut his face. wah. I love him dearly, and even though it is such a short distance away, wah.

And now...off to the library and store I go. I stayed home for two days in a row, but we need milk and bread and books today!

4 comments:

Martha said...

I agree. Wah.

I missed the fact that Emily has a big farmhouse. It's pretty cool to know your kids are at least in good company and not rooming with someone you've never met before in your life.

Have fun at the library!

16 blessings'mom said...

Emily lives in one of the small towns a few miles from here in a big old house, with Abigail and Mali Rose. It is fantastic that she has a place that the other kids can go to visit...and yes, I am very thankful that that is where Aaron is moving to!

Tereza said...

Waaaaaahhh and there moves another! Della!!! Its crazy how fast the years fly by. So glad its not too far away though..

Martha said...

Mine are leaving the nest one at a time. It's a scary time, especially when they can't quite seem to get off the ground.