summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

of course I remembered!

It was foggy and chilly and absolutely gorgeous when I took my walk this morning. I was pretty far down the road when I realized...I was being followed. By a stealthy creature. I scooped up this bad kitty who was following me, and gave him a kiss. He wiggled down out of my arms, and walked right near me the whole way, up the Evil Hill, back down, through the woods, and all the way home. He is such a funny little kitty. He would be perfect, except for the fact that he likes to poop NEAR the litter box, not IN it.

Anyway, I took my walk. I cleaned up the kitchen and swept the floor after the five bigger kids went out the door to school. Then I woke up the little girls, got them dressed and fed and brushed and washed and out the door with their lunches. phew. Then Kathryn asked if we could please go to the craft store to get some paint and canvas for her art requirement. Well, I didn't really want to go anywhere today, but. I had to go to the store for a few things anyways, because I had to make cupcakes today for the Israel Feast for the youth in our church. They are planning a trip, and have to plan their fundraising, ect. I was asked to make the cupcakes. Two weeks ago, I said I would. Yesterday I kept asking everyone what I had to do this week. I knew there was something I was supposed to be remembering. Then I got a text yesterday afternoon asking how those cupcakes were coming....

So today we went to the craft store, Kathryn and Jonathan, and I. I got some cupcake papers and a few new decorating tips, and some fake fall flowers.

Then we wandered over to the pet store to see the puppies. It's a good thing they are so expensive, or we would have brought one home today. Then to the dollar store for a few things we just plain needed, like socks and headbands and spices.

Grocery store for shortening and confectioner's sugar, bananas and carrots, coffee, chicken, burger.

Home...time to bake! I made three batches of cupcakes, a double batch of brownies, which I split into two. One half went into a pan with a mixture of mint chips and chocolate chips that I had melted together, all swirled into the brownie batter. The rest went into the mini cupcake pan, with small Reese's peanutbutter cups in them.

And the cupcakes...it always takes way longer than you think.



It was time to start dinner by the time I finished these up. We had sloppy joes (browned hamburger meat with spicy sauce, supposed to be served on buns, but some of us, um me, had them without...), green beans, peas, and corn.

The little girls are finishing up their homework, I am done in the kitchen for the night I hope, I was in there for six hours. Mali came for a visit while I was decorating, Samuel made me a coffee, I can't complain.

And, the girls need stories, it is almost bed time. I miss summer. I hate being ready for bed at eight o'clock.

No comments: