summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, November 30, 2013

and I guess I'll try again....

I wrote a nice long post the other day, then lost the internet connection. The whole page just disappeared into thin cyberspace. rrr. It was quiet here today, as several of the older kids worked at the Dome for the football game, which we won, a few of the girls babysat the twins, Emily worked, Mirielle slept all day and left for work this evening. Only eight of us sat and had turkey soup with brown rice....Paul and I, Abigail, Kathryn,Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille.

The little girls hounded me until I agreed to decorate for Christmas a bit. I DID say After Thanksgiving, and they held me to it. It looks a little festive in here, but no tree yet, we don't do that until a few weeks before. The Dome kids came home in a flurry of stamping feet and barking dogs, had some pie, then Sam went bowling with three of his church friends, after pie of course.

Abigail is going to watch a movie with Evelyn and Sonja and Suzanne and Jonathan, after the little girls go to bed.

I had a horrific headache today. Two ibuprofen, four ibuprofen, it pounded so bad I was going to throw up. I gave in and took a nap. I slept for over three hours. When I woke up it was getting dark out, and I felt so much better, but what a waste of a day. And the bad part is that I totally and completely blanked out on a baby shower for a friend this afternoon. It was just not on the radar, I knew it was coming up, but....ooops, forgot. That doesn't sound very nice, either, to apologize to her and say, Yah I just forgot all about it. But I did.

I wouldn't have been able to go with that headache anyway.

Paul is leaving tomorrow morning again, France this time, for two weeks. ugh. He just came home! '

So....I have something huge to be thankful for: Ben and Ashley are coming home for Christmas!!! The tickets are expensive last minute, but Gramma is helping:) It is all I wanted, and I am so very happy. I get to meet my granddaughter! Having Ben here makes it so complete, he isn't just 1/16th of the kids....he makes it like it used to be. He is just one of those kids....it just seems so right to have him lounged on the couch. He calls Evelyn, "corndog", and Jonathan, "dog", and Emily, "beer".

So if the internet co-operates perhaps I will update here more often. Tomorrow I have to get up and take Paul to the airport, then go to church. Monday Abigail has the day off work, so we are doing something together.

Life is good.



3 comments:

Martha said...

I started a comment, but now I am not sure if I ever published it... Do you see nay gray hairs in my pictures?

Tereza said...

So happy for you that they are able to come home for xmas!!! Hope the headache is gone for tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Sooo happy you get Ben and your grandbaby for Christmas, hooray!