summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, November 2, 2013

saturday bliss

Ahh, Saturday at home....the kids still have enough candy to dump on the floor and trade. The kitty thought it looked like a comfy place for a little nap.

So, I wish I could say I cleaned and swept and did dishes and threw in a load of laundry this morning, but I did not. I took the dogs out to play, then went on my walk, then made breakfast, and landed here. I read the news and checked out facebook, and here I sit. Camille has a notebook and a pencil, and is writing math word problems.(she just asked me, "Mommy, do you know what fingers are for? Math. Math math math!") The house is rather quiet, four of the older kids went to work at the football game at the dome. Paul and I and Emily, Joseph, Aaron, Mirielle, and Margaret worked yesterday. Mirielle, Joseph, Samuel, and Margaret are there today. I simply can't work there two days in a row, my knee always hurts so much the next day. Today it isn't too bad, but if I worked again today, ouch.

Anyway. We are running out of milk and eggs, and someone has to go buy more. (Camille just asked me, "Mommy, if I have 18 flowers, and I take four away, how many do I have left?" I asked her how many, and she replied, "Can I take a little minute, Mama?")

She is still thinking, she doesn't have enough fingers, I guess.

And, she just said, the answer is 14. Now she is jumping up and down with glee because she got it right. Now she is going to write the number sentence.

Life is certainly never dull or boring. Today I am supposed to be making a dessert for our fall feast at church tomorrow. It is a contest, and I don't feel like making anything. Our oven doesn't work properly, Paul is ordering the part to repair it. I was thinking of making fudge and decorating the pieces, but how in the world can one make fudge and not eat it? Oh, first world probs.

No comments: