summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

and out and about we go....

Tomorrow my little Camille Anaya turns six. My huggy lil baby is a first grader. So today I will go out and buy her a present, and some things for her birthday party. I have to send in a snack for school tomorrow, and then in the afternoon evening, we will celebrate. Too much birthday!

Miss Char has been showing some signs of jealousy lately. The two of them are like twins, and they do butt heads about being first and who gets more and who gets what doll and and and. I try to deal with things like by NOT being fair, on purpose. Trying to condition them that Life Is Not Fair, and I do not care in the least if she was first last time, it doesn't matter. But I do realize that it matters to them, so I try to deal with it. I encourage them to think of the other, to love and not be selfish, and sometimes it's really sweet when one of them so magnanymously lets the other one have the first pick or go first or whatever. I tel them to be happy for the other when they get something good, and to share when they are the one who gets something nice.

Anyway. Miss Char has been a bit snarky, a bit rebellious, and I am pretty sure it's because of Camille's birthday. So I give her some extra hugs and talk to her and make sure she knows I love love love her.

And all this being said, I need to get out the door....Kathryn has to be back this afternoon so they can leave on their little trip to Boston! Emily is such a nice big sister.....

No comments: