summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

no whims today....

Today the girls are home because I thought about it thoroughly. Camille does have a runny nose, too. But mostly they are home because....see, yesterday we cleaned their room. A clean room = a fun place to play. So they played. They dressed dolls, they dressed themselves in pretty dresses and pearls, they made treasure bags for their dolls, they had a huge tea party....then it was bed time. What? They couldn't BELIEVE it was already time to end the fun....

Then I realized that I am going to the Dome today, volunteering at the concession stand at the college basketball game. I am leaving before they would be home from school, they would be in bed by the time I get home...so I decided to let them take a day off. (They went every single day last week:)) I told them last night...that if they went to bed nicely, they could stay home today. So they did! And today has been every bit as fun as they thought it would be.

As for me, I didn't take my walk because working at the dome is rough on my knees as it is. So I swept and did dishes and laundry, made tea for the girls, and school stuff with Jon.

I still have some cinnamon snickerdoodle coffee in my mug. Life is good.

Last evening, Paul had to leave for a board meeting right as we started dinner, because I am such a good planner and besides, I was helping the little girls clean their room. Anyway, Emily came over and joined us. We had chicken and gravy and mashed 'tatoes (I only had a taste of the those), and veggies. Then Aaron came over, and it was a regular party. It is so nice to sit and talk with the older ones. Emily is planning a little getaway, taking some of the older girls for a trip to maybe Boston. Em has the week off of work, she planned to go visit Ben and Ashley and the new baby, but didn't work out for them, so she has some time off.

We decided to celebrate Thanksgiving on the day after Thanksgiving this year, so that all the kids can make it, except for Ben:( Emily has to work a 12 hour shift on the real turkey day. Mirielle and Aaron will both be working night shifts by then, so they will just have to wake up during the day on Friday, have a huge dinner for breakfast, then go to work on Friday night.

Ah well, even though I still have cinnamon snickerdooodle coffee in my mug, I have things to do. I have to leave in a few hours....going to the dome is not exactly awful, but it means having to leave home. Paul will be here with the kids this time at least. And, Emily and Joseph and Samuel and Margaret are all working. We do have fun making pizzas and preparing nachos and pretzels, grilling the hot dogs, and putting candy in the displays. Then the stand opens for business, and we cashier, get food for the cashiers, pour drinks, ect. It is sometimes busy and crazy, and my knee aches and my feet hurt, but it is good to be there with all my kids and friends from church, it is good to give of myself.

Camille's birthday is the day after tomorrow. I have these cute little polka-dotted cupcake holders, so I am excited to make pretty confections for the party. I have to find some things for gift bags, and decide what to get/give Camille. (I might have something in my closet).

Anyway. Off I go.....

No comments: