summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, November 18, 2013

monday morning again already?

Camille had a little bit to complain about this fine morning. Oh, she hates school and she doesn't like showers in the morning....I told her to be thankful. Just think about being thankful. She is alive and we have a home, and enough to eat, and she is going to school and seeing her friends, and her nice mommy put cinnamon and sugar on her Life cereal....

It is just so in us to complain without even thinking about it. So I decided to wake up, wake up and realize how much I have been given, and be thankful for all things that God sends my way.

I have to get moving here....we are running out of toilet paper, dog food, kitty food, and three of the kids have been just begging me for earbuds. Apparently, those have moved from the WANT category to the NEED category. I also need to pick up the homeschooling kids' quarterly reports, and get them to the school before they fire me.

And, this afternoon I have to load up the car and head up to the Dome again, college basketball. Mirielle and I, along with Sam and Margaret and a friend, Bethany, will head up for the first shift. Joseph will come a bit later with four other guys. I hate the days when I run around all day then go to the Dome, but here I am complaining again already:)

To whom much is given, much will be required. (Luke 12:48)

And of course my favorite, "Give and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over...."(Luke 6:38)

So yes, I find sin when I go to do the good. "I find the law that evil is present with me, when I will to do good...." (Romans 7:21) I do find the grumbling and complaining. How come I always have to go? There are others who don't step up. Why do we always have to drive? The gas money. blah blah blah. Yup, it is there. But the whole idea is to see that sin, to admit it, to be free from it!! I don't have to be a debtor to it, to grow old and into a bitter and miserly old woman! Praise God that He has had mercy on me, so that I can be free from sin and all the misery it ensnares.

Just in the day to day life, there is so much to learn. And one thing I just learned is that I have been writing for way too long, I have to really move it now!

5 comments:

Susan said...

I so enjoy reading your blog-thank you for taking the time from your busy life to provide it.
I was wondering if the Dome work is to support our church?

16 blessings'mom said...

Brunstad Christian church...yes.

Martha said...

Ah, we are so very much alike!

16 blessings'mom said...

Martha....:)

Unknown said...

This helps me a lot. Thank you. So easy to take what we have for granted