summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, November 16, 2013

the endless quest for....sleep

Thankfully these days I usually get an adequate amount, although getting out of my comfy bed is never pleasant. But last night....oh dang, I let the princesses sleep with me, a cuddly adventure, but. I stayed up late late late, and at seven this morning, they were kicking each other. I admonished them that it was way too early, and to go back to sleep. ha, I should have just kicked their cute little butts out right then and there. Because the next hour was just agony. I would start to doze, one of them would wiggle, or cough, or kick the other one. I would look at them to give them The Look, and they would have their eyes fakely closed. I finally told them to get up and watch something on my computer, and to be quiet. I tried and tried to fall back to sleep because my lids felt like sandpaper and oh I was tired. As I was drifting off, blissfully aware that I was FINALLY falling back to sleep...I heard the pinging dinging of Jon's tablet turning on....he was camped out on the floor. So I gave up, and got up.

And I have to leave here in just a few minutes to go to the dome, ugh. I love going and seeing my friends, but I hate saying goodbye to my kids. And I hate standing all day, my poor knees. But. Off I go anyway.

We had company last night, 17 of us were crowded around the dinner table, then Abigail came in as we were cleaning up. Emily made a wicked stir-fry, chicken and snow-peas and cabbage and green peppers, with brown rice and whole-grain pasta. Paired with a 55 calorie Budweiser, yum.

It figures that when I have all manner of things to blab on and on about, I have to get moving, but that's the way it is today. I have barely any time to make a healthy lunch and braid my long tangly hair....

No comments: