summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, January 22, 2018

monday again? oops.


We had a really fun homeschooling adventure on Friday, we went to Wonderworks in the big mall, with my sister-in-law and her two youngest. (Sean had just stepped out of this pic!)

Why don't I write every morning anymore? Winter? Sameness? I don't know. But here's a random quick list of what's been going on.

Emily turned 33.

Emily playing bubbles with Camille, the oldest and the youngest...33 and ten:)


A huge selfie in on a huge phone!


Paul is back from India, I picked him up from the airport yesterday. He got to visit the Taj Mahal. (Isn't he cute?)

This fine morning, I was puttering around, half helping the high school girls out the door to school...mostly making sure they ate something for breakfast, even if it was just a banana, and that they have a lunch, and that they're clothes are okay, no tummies peeking out or whatever. It's insane what's considered "okay" these days, and it's interesting to be the mom and figure out when to put the old foot down. They're really good girls though. But anyway, this fine morning, Evelyn had an eye issue, she has a small bump inside of the lid which is irritating her eye. Suzanne thinks she has an ear infection, one ear has been plugged and is really hurting today. And Sonja, the knee surgery queen, is requesting a doctor's appointment again, her knee just hurts. Day after day. Again.

The three homeschool kids are getting up and getting going, after a busy weekend.

Yesterday our church rented out a huge sports/gymnastics gym, filled with mats and bars and trampolines, and an indoor soccer field. Two hours of jumping and running and playing, and they were exhausted last evening. Then the older kids went to a feast/meeting, and we got to have little Anya here. She drove around in the Little Tikes car, played waffleblocks with Charlotte Claire, and I read her some stories, after we watched the movie, "Eloise".
She did not want to go home when her daddy texted and said they were almost at my house to pick her up, and to please get her ready. She was STILL PLAYING. Well, I told her, how about if you surprise your mama and daddy and get ready really really nicely and are all ready when they get here? Wouldn't that be so nice? It worked, she thought it would be nice!


So I took her picture, and told her I would show it to her mommy and daddy, that she is such a good girl. She really is. I love her, and it's so nice to have her here on the east coast.

Anyway...not much going on here, yet, it's so busy. I have to get going and teach these three youngest kids a thing or two, ha.











1 comment:

Susan said...

So glad to see this post because I was getting concerned about you.
Anya looks so much like your little girls, she is darling! Oh, so is Paul and I loved seeing him in front of the Taj Mahal.
Wonder Works looks like too much fun. I have never heard of it, is it a store inside the mall?
Glad you are OK.