summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, March 15, 2018

does shoveling the driveway count as a workout?

Or as an outing?

We got more snow last night, it looks like a winter wonderland out there. I baked four pumpkin pies for pi day,

(when I say "I", I mean "we". Char and Cam made the filling, they had to double the recipe and mix it up themselves while I made the crust, then they filled them. Char also made some delicious "cinnamon buns" from the scraps of the crust...she rolled it all out, added butter and cinnamon/sugar, rolled it up, and sliced it with dental floss...they were way too good.)

Imagine me, lover of all things pumpkin, snowed in with four fresh pumpkin pies. Can we just say that TODAY, I am not having any pie? And can we also mention: it WAS lunch.

Anyway. This morning I got up and shoveled a path for the high school girls. I didn't shovel the whole thing. Paul had left for work already, he is a workaholic. Not that he LOVES working, but there is always some project or other, and he goes in early and gets home late. Last evening, I felt terrible because we had made an excellent dinner, chicken fajitas. I had cut the chicken breasts into slices, and marinated it in lemon and lime juices, and spices and olive oil. Then Jonathan and I each manned a frying pan, and we browned those slices up. The girls cut up peppers and romaine, and got out cheese, tortillas, ect. Paul worked late, walked in while we were finishing dinner...and oops. The chicken was gone. 5.73 pounds of chicken breast. I felt soooooo bad. He made himself some eggs.

It's not my fault the chicken was so good. ha.

Winter seems here to stay. This coming weekend is forecast to be...cold. Really cold. I don't want to be sick and tired of it, I want to embrace it, but...I long for sunshine on my skin. I like the coziness, but...

We do have the world's nicest kitty. This kitty, who thinks the UppaBaby bassinet is for him.


Sunny and Little Orange Guy, they keep an eye on things...




They are cute, aren't they?













3 comments:

Kara said...

We had spaghetti pie (spaghetti, meatballs, sauce and some cheese in a pre-made pizza dough crust, baked in a pie dish) and pudding pie for dessert. Pi Day is a holiday I can really get behind!

16 blessings'mom said...

mmm! Especially the pudding pie....:)

LK said...

Hi again Della- in my family we used extra pie crust to make treats like Char but we called them Mary Janes.. seems like the same thing, just a different name