summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

love, bunnies, easter, and siblings....

How about a random disjointed post for a change?

Here's something: the older kids in our family are amazing to the younger ones. I can't even explain it. Kathryn for example, she painted and re-did her room, the two little girls helped her...then Jonathan wanted to switch from the bunk beds he has had forever, to a loft bed no one was using, and Kathryn wanted to switch from her bed to one of Jon's bunks, so they had to get the drill and take things apart and move things up and down the stairs. I didn't hear fighting or complaining, no, they were laughing and singing. Then last night, the little girls were getting their bedding for a sleepover in Kathryn's room.

Yesterday afternoon, I decided to do something fun with just the two youngest, Miss Char and Miss Cam.

(this was taken at Disney)
Anyway, I asked them what they wanted to do...then I looked at what movies were playing. Now, we rarely go to the movies. But, it was only going to be the three of us, Paul is in Boston for the week, the older kids were all going to a meeting...so I offered to take them to the new Peter Rabbit movie, and they gleefully accepted. I half thought they would think it was lame, being such a kids' movie, but they were excited to go. Being a Tuesday evening, the theater for that movie was empty, except for us. We really enjoyed it, thought it was entertaining, with nothing bad in it. And the bunnies were cute!

On the way home, we talked about Easter baskets. Now, I love filling Easter baskets. I've had years when I've filled not only 16 for my kids, but some for friends too, who weren't getting one for some reason or other. Now that the kids are mostly grown up, they don't need baskets of candy anymore. Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, and Jonathan are going to be in Norway for Easter, so I thought I'd just get them some gum, Tic-Tacs, mints, ect., to take in their backpacks. And maybe some money for Norwegian chocolate, that maybe just maybe will make it's way back to their mama.:) Anyway, Char says she doesn't really want a basket, but then started naming things she WOULD like, Reese's eggs, a few chocolate Cadbury eggs, and yes, some jellybeans. Cam just flat out wants the whole shebang. "I would still like an Easter basket, Mommy!"

Another thing about siblings and love: the older kids have been so generous to help the younger ones with their big trip to Norway. It warms my heart. They will repay them, in helping them do things around their houses, ect., but still, it's amazing.

And not much else is going on...

1 comment:

Kanadiangirl said...

You can usually have great kids when the parents are great!!!! Kudos to both of you!!!!