summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, March 29, 2019

adventures....


Lydia, Jon and Lydia taking a rest (Lydia was snoring), Me, and...Suzanne and Camille's baking adventure...chocolate half-moon cookies (black and whites)...and the cute little salt and pepper set I had to get...:)

Target is always fun. Camille got a new sweatshirt, we got some Reese's eggs for the baskets, and contact solution for Jonathan. A stop for French fries on the way home, and they were happy campers. I didn't eat any fries, but I did eat three nuggets.

Home, ah home. It's always nice to get home. I marinated the chicken breast in lime juice, with olive oil and garlic and other seasonings, then Jonathan grilled it outside. With rice and fresh cauliflower, and sliced Italian bread, yum. Suzanne and Cam were baking while I was making dinner, so the kitchen was a busy place. Camille made the frosting, and we don't use a recipe, just a bit of shortening, then some butter, whip it together, add confectioner's sugar, half and half, and vanilla, to the Kitchen aid, and add more of whatever it seems to need, ha. I helped her out a bit, but she basically had it right. Those cookies though, the aroma...I didn't have any, but I did taste the frosting a few times, to get it right, of course.

Today we're not staying home. The kids will do some school for a few hours, then we have to go into the small city for some appointments. Lydia is spending the night tonight. She's here right now, playing dollhouse.

I didn't fit in my work out at all yesterday. So I have a one day streak, again. ugh. I'll be kicking myself when I'm walking around D.C. and all huffing and puffing. Today, today I'll fit it in....

Staying away from sugar, fitting in the exercise, cutting out the carbs, it's not easy, but for me, it's essential. I'm not whittling away to nothing, in fact, the pounds are creeping back on, which is no fair. But I'm fighting, and I'm not giving up.

I have to behave especially well this week, because next weekend...a weekend away with Paul and Karen and Hobie...right smack in the middle of wine country...we're going to some wineries, which means tasting the wine, which means buying some. :)

No comments: