summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

I'm baaaaack!!!


Guess what? I'm happy.

Not just because of this:

It seems like a lot of chocolate, but then when I started figuring out what to give to whom, um, I should have bought a few more bars. We'll have to share. (The KvikkLunsj bars are Norwegian KitKats, but with yummier chocolate. Oh dear, I love them. I did not eat any at all when I was there, but I had ice cream twice, in one day. Their ice cream is so creamy and good...)



The roads, the round-abouts, and the tunnels...Emily navigated like a pro. She lived there for a year, both her and Abigail are fluent in Norwegian, so they are good to travel with. That's a pic of the fjord where the conference center is...Em and I explored Tonesburg a bit on Sunday afternoon. Most of the stores over there are closed on Sundays, so we walked around outside, which was beautiful.


The little apartment we stayed in...(very small, but efficient, once we figured things out anyway!)
Abigail
The view from the balcony of one of the apartment buildings...
Some of the girls we hung out with one evening...I can't remember the first girl's name, she is from St.Petersburg, Russia, then Nami (not sure if I spelled that right), she's from India but lives in Dubai, Laura from Detroit, Elaine from China, and Esther from Oregon. There are more pics that Abigail hasn't sent me yet, with Indira from Sri Lanka, and two Dutch girls, can't remember their names, and I met Rebecca from India, Emily visited her there a few years back. It was SO nice to meet so many whole hearted girls!!!


We visited friends in Santifjord, their house overlooks a fjord.

And more later!!! Happy to be home...:)


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a great trip! Did you know that KvikkLunsj means "quick lunch"? Ha-- that would be a nice lunch, with a sugar crash right after! I enjoy your stories.

Marilyn said...

Welcome back! Beautiful pictures Della. What an amazing time you had with your girls.

Marilyn from Canada

Anonymous said...

No fair, I want to go. How fun and exciting for you guys though. I've been looking at many pictures of Norway and Finland this pass year.


Erika

16 blessings'mom said...

Mrs. Shafer, I did know that, and it makes me laugh, because what a heavenly but awful lunch. I found it hard to be low carb over there, I didn't eat any chocolate except for on the plane home, then half of one of those yesterday. I need to get back to strictness in the diet, but Norwegian chocolate is so creamy and good, it's the ultimate cheat.

Marilyn, yes, it was a nice time, and the girls are so good to me.

Erika, I wish you could go too. It was a short trip, but packed full of good things.