summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

really really really?

But first, another pic of our friends we spent a little bit of time with in Norway...


Yesterday's post ended abruptly because Sam called me. Sam is in hog-heaven right now, he is getting married! He's getting married in May! In Washington, D.C., and....lots of the family is already going down there that weekend, we have an airbnb reserved for ten of us for three nights. The rest of the fam is going to have to follow suit!

Yesterday we went out and about. It was a different type of school day, ha, I taught them about Norway, and Iceland, and about all the stuff I was encouraged to at the conference there. We went to Target, and Jonathan got some spiffy new clothes, he is going to Norway in April for Easter. He got a few pairs of nice pants, a new sweater. We got a birthday gift for Mali, and a few things for the grand kids. Oh, when we were leaving Norway, we stocked up on the chocolate in the airport, it's cheaper there than in the stores. And mercy on me, I found the KinderEggs, yay! Little Miss 3-year old Lydia Eleanor LOVES KinderEggs. I brought some back from Mexico, the foreign ones are better than the ones here in the U.S., they have little toys right inside the egg, here they are lame. Anyway, I was just thrilled to be getting two big packs of them, walking on air imagining Anya and Lydia being so thrilled...then the cashier at the checkout took them away from me and made me cry. No, not really. She simply stated that I cannot purchase them because they are illegal in the U.S. And she put them aside and continued to scan my other perfectly legal chocolate.

So, the Norwegian kids can eat wonderful and amazing KinderEggs, but the American kids get lame ones, for their own good, of course.

I told Emily that I am going to have to explain to Lyd why Grandma didn't get her those treats, stupid laws.

So in Target, I got her a few mini Hatchimals. There is this fascination that little kids have with getting surprises in eggs. I guess they watch You-Tube videos of other kids opening eggs too.

Anyway. We also went to the grocery store, for things like toilet paper, paper towels, coffee, and bananas.

Home...ah home. Jonathan grilled some burgers, the girls did some spelling, we stayed home, and watched Jeopardy!

This fine morning, two year old Anne is coming, and little Lydia too. I also have that pesky dentist appointment this afternoon. Ugh. I have to have a tooth crowned, a molar. Now, if they could just put me to sleep to do it! But no, I have to sit there and grip the arms of the chair, with my toes curled toward my shins while the remainder of that poor molar is grinder down to nothing, I am going to faint. Tilted back at an unGodly angle, choking, trying to think about the beach, just waiting for the inevitable twinge of pain...okay, sometimes it doesn't really hurt, but I cannot stand my jaw being wrenched open so wide for so long, I have an irrational fear that it's going to get stuck like that, and it could happen which makes it sort of rational.

Plus, that new shiny crown is going to cost the big bucks. I haven't checked how much yet, but I tell you, if it's over five hundred, I am not doing it.

So life isn't all sunshine and puppy dogs.

But it's good, and I'll take it. :)






4 comments:

Rose Sperlonga said...

From experience... crowns are well over a grand! EEEK!!


Unless you have some stellar insurance... I hope you do!

The chocolate looks delish!!

:)

An American Housewife said...

Yay for the wedding and congratulations on another child getting married. Any updates on your daughter's new marriage out West? We have a daughter marrying in May as well. :)

In the photo above it looks like you have a cute little super short haircut! Ha ha. I know you don't, but it totally let's you know what you'd look like if you did.

Susan said...

So happy that you are home and that you had a wonderful time!
Fabulous news about Sam getting married, I am trying to figure out how many weddings there have been in the past two years. Well, you are a wedding pro by now!
♥️Susan

16 blessings'mom said...

I am still not sure how much this crown will cost, Rose. The receptionist was on the phone when I arrived for my appointment, and I was called right in. I was in that chair for a whole hour. A horrible hour, I may add.

Kathryn is doing well, she seems happy, and is busy working four jobs right now. Weddings are fun, stressful though. :). I almost got a super short haircut, but decided not to. One of these days.

Susan, I don't even know off the top of my head how many weddings in the last two years, ha. This will be the seventh marriage though.