summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, March 31, 2019

it's my party, and I'll cry if I want to...

It started out all fun and games...after all, going out and about with three of my favorite daughters, yay!!!

(Mirielle, me, Sonja K., and Evelyn)(And before you say, "No wonder she's fat!", it's diet soda, which I did officially give up a few months back. But the bottled water was just as expensive, so I decided it wouldn't kill me to have some Diet Coke...and the popcorn...what?! Four of us shared it! And we didn't finish all of it because, shh, one of us dropped it and spilled it...oops.)

So it was all fun and games...until the movie started...Unplanned. The movie was intense, eye opening...Planned Parenthood is a sham. The movie is based on the life of Abby Johnson who worked for Planned Parenthood for eight years. She was told at one point that the whole company, operation, or whatever they called themselves, was pushing for doubling the abortion rates at each clinic. She was told to talk the girls and women into the abortions, using euphemisms, and outright lies (the baby is not even a baby yet, just a ball of cells, it doesn't feel anything, ect.) One day Abby had to go into a procedure room and hold the ultra sound wand on a pregnant girl's tummy while the doctor performed an abortion, killing the 13 week old baby. Abby watched the baby on the screen wiggling around, heard the heart beating, then...it was suctioned away. She dropped the wand and left the room and cried her eyes out.

It's a fact that P.P. sued her, tried to gag order her, not to spill secrets, tried to bully her into silence. If they're all on the up and up, why would they do this?

Anyway, we went to see the movie, and cried our own eyes out.

Then we left the mall at a bit after midnight, we went to the late showing. The doors were locked. We couldn't get out of the mall! So we turned around, retraced our steps and walked to the front of the mall, then around the whole building, and to our car, in the mostly abandoned lot. It was a bit scary, especially when a yellow Camaro with the windows rolled down cruised down the right next to us, going really slowly...blah. Country girl here, doesn't like being in the big city at night.

I can't believe those doors were locked though. What if there was a fire? The stores were all closed, so you couldn't exit through those...it was not fun.

Anyway...it's almost 2 a.m., and I felt like writing...

2 comments:

Carol said...

Those doors being locked does not seem right to me either. I would have been a little scared too as I hate to walk at night. I went to Planned Parenthood when I was pregnant with my first daughter and thankfully abortion was not even talked about. I would have ran the other way. I can't imagine how someone can kill a child like that! Why can people not realize that if something has a heartbeat it is a living thing. UGH! I am glad that movies like this are made to make people away of this kind of deceptive practices.

Marilyn said...

I think I would be crying too! I don’t think I will be going to see that movie. Popcorn is sooooooo good, but I rarely have it. I like my own at home occasionall though. Not the microwave yuk, but real popcorn with a bit of real butter on it. I’m not sure what that stuff is they use at the movies 😬 That would be scary to be locked in the mall Della..........just as well there was 4 of you to walk together in the parking lot, I think I would call the mall and complain. Were you the only people there? Not good is it........? We had wild wind here yesterday and it’s here again today. It whipping down the ‘Colorado corridor ‘ which is from Bullhead City to Yuma and that includes Lake Havasu where we are. Howling yesterday! I bo not like wind I have to say and the pollen count is quite high at the moment so it blowing all over 😬 But tomorrow it’s going away and back to high....30C and getting hotter. We have 2 more weeks and we will be making the big trek home......it would be wonderful to say abracadabra and just be there instead of having to pack up and drive for 4 days! But I’m very grateful we could be here for 3 months. Have a great day!

Marilyn from Canada