summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, March 3, 2019

snow and cold and snow and cold...


Sometimes things seem like they're going to go on forever. But day follows day, and this is life. I actually don't mind the hunkering down in the house so much, but when I have to drive in it, blah.

And who am I to complain, the happy traveler who went not only to the tropical warmth of Cancun for a week, to the sunny beaches of Clearwater Florida, with a warm balmy night in Orlando? How can I possibly utter a word of unthankfulness?

Ha, I still can, believe me.

But I won't.

Lydia had a sleepover with us the other night.

She likes sitting with Grandma, likes taking pics with me, then looking at them.

She likes lots of attention, she likes getting out lots of toys. She is a sunshine.

Today, Wulf and his mama, my daughter Margaret (she's my ninth child, the oldest of the five girls in a row in five years:)), spent the afternoon with me. The three of us went to Aldi, where Wulf was a good little 11 month old. He has learned to walk, and oh my goody good goodness how cute.

Last evening was a busy one here. Emily, Abigail, Mariel, Molly & Josh and Lydia, Sam, Margaret & Adrian and Wulf, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, Char, Cam, and cousin Daniel were here with Paul and I. Beef brisket, in the oven all the live-long day, mmmm. 10 pounds of red skinned mashed potatoes, fresh asparagus, brown&serve rolls...:)

Anyway. Life is busy, then the weekend comes, and it's busy too.

I survived the visit from the internet guy. I was actually on my way out the door to go to lunch with my brother and his wife, and my sister Cheryl, when Larry The Cable Guy got here. He parked like an idiot, no offense, but seriously? He asked me if I could get my van out, as he was in the middle of the driveway behind it. And snow banks, you know? So I said, "Well, you have insurance, right?"

Anyway, we had a nice time at lunch while Sam dealt with the kids, and Larry.
My brother turned 62, and got 62 free chicken wings. He shared. I ordered the panko breaded haddock, oh yummers, the only fish I like. I brought most of it home. (Bob was super nice, he has ten kids, only one left at home, he insisted I take the leftover wings home too...and yeah, they liked them here!!!)

(my brother Bob and his wife Mary)

It was nice to get out and hang out with grown ups for a bit.

Tomorrow morning, my favorite little two year old is coming over, Miss Anne.

(with Jonny)

And...on Thursday, I leave for Norway with Emily, Abigail, and Mariel!!!!

2 comments:

Tereza said...

See you at Brunstad!!!

16 blessings'mom said...

AWESOME!!!!! Can't wait!!!!