summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, April 29, 2019

a birthday celebration, some home work, and and and...


Jonathan turns 15 tomorrow, so we celebrated yesterday. Corned beef, carrots, and potatoes in the crock pot, then three pizzas, (and a Keto pizza for me!). Margaret came over early and made the ice cream cakes with Charlotte Claire. (crushed Oreos mixed with melted butter crusts, then one carton of slightly softened mint chocolate chip ice cream with hot fudge on top, mint cookies crumbled on top, and some melted marshmallow fluff...the peanut butter one same but with a cup of melted peanut butter mixed with a broken up chocolate bunny, all mixed together and poured on top, along with hot fudge and some crunched up peanut butter cookies, put back in the freezer until party time...). (I did not consume any, except for licking the spoon after serving the mint...oh yummers)

On Saturday, we worked on the foyer and downstairs hallway. It's now spackled and sanded and ready for painting. The trim got a few coats of white, no more wood trim there.


But we haven't worked on it all since Saturday. I won't be very popular if I suggest we get moving on it tonight, but I don't care much about being popular, now do I?

Today has been so busy. Miss Lydia Eleanor and Miss Anne Beatrice have kept me hopping. When I take Lydia to the bathroom now, Anne wants to go too, which is a good thing...I brought them outside to play for a while, and played matching game a few times. Playdough, coloring, dollies, shopping carts...and lunch, and snacks, and and and. But, lots of hugs and silly songs too, it's a happy kind of busy.

I talked to Samuel on the phone today, he's so excited! This weekend, he's getting married! So on Thursday morning, we're heading south! The wedding is on a military base at the officers' club:). I'm excited too because most of the kids will be there! "kids", I say. They're growing up!

Anyway. It's cold and dreary here, the dreariness is cozy, but honestly, it's kind of....oppressive. It doesn't depress me, but so many days here are overcast and rainy.

It was nice in the middle of the day, Char and Cam and Dani did school work out on the trampoline. Off the damp ground, and the weak filtered cloud covered sun that managed to get through warms up the black trampoline...

Suzanne made peanut butter cookies with the little girls after school, and now is making ramen noodles with Camille, homemade ones.

I'm not sure what's for dinner, but there was boxed Mac and cheese eaten recently, and Jon had leftover pizza and a bowl of leftover corned beef and potatoes about an hour ago.

3 comments:

Marilyn from Canada said...

Hi Della! Jon is getting so big, isn’t he? Growing up fast. I too wish spring would get here. It teases for a day or so, then gets cold again. Mother Nature has a strange sense of humour sometimes I have to say. You will be chomping at the bit to get on with that painting. We (I) hope to do some painting too, but it’s a big job. One step at a time I guess. I loved the photo of Suzanne at her grad. Do you only have 4 still doing school? That cake sounds divine............oh my......yummers!! The corned beef and potatoes sound yummers too. Enjoy 😊

Marilyn from Canada

An American Housewife said...

Another baby getting married... oh they grow so quick. Our family has a couple weeks yet before our 'baby' is getting married. They got their marriage license from the courthouse today.

Congrats to your Sam!!

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, I don't want one step at a time, I want it all done yesterday, ha! But real life just intervenes, everyone is so busy, and when they get down time, they look at me cross-eyed if I suggest cracking open the paint cans. We have two girls in high school still, Suzanne graduates this year, and Sonja K. is a junior. Jon, Char, and Cam still homeschool, but are thinking of going back to school. Not sure.

Yes, another baby getting married! The years just fly by! Most of our kids will be making it to this wedding though, so it'll be a really nice time! Congrats to you on your baby, too!!! Once I saw a meme, pic, whatever, of a small child walking down the sidewalk with a backpack, with the caption, "How mama sees her son going off to the Army", then a pic of the same backpack with a strapping 18 year old, "How he really looks"...that's how it is for me, ha.