summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, April 5, 2019

an extra large helping of patience, please....

Have you ever heard that when you pray for patience, you get trials so that you can learn to be patient in them? I'll be honest, I was afraid to pray for patience, for a long long time...because I already had enough trials, thank you.

Having young children in the house, grandchildren and others I watch during the day has shown me that I am very lacking, and I must've prayed extra hard, ha.

There are two small children here today...they are sweet and cuddly and adorable...but.

We won't get into any details, but it's challenging to keep them both happy and fed and clean and pottied and changed and also get anything done here, including school work! Challenging, but not impossible.

The dryer is humming, the floors are swept, I've made eggs and bacon (Anne LOVES eggs and bacon!), they've had cereal, and a snack, and played with dollhouse, colored, and played with blocks, dupes, and had a huge fight over one ride-on.

I am in the middle of packing for the weekend, am leaving this afternoon, so what's the hurry?

Yesterday, I had to bring a few daughters for doctors' appointments, and we brought Lydia along.


We had to return those shoes I bought from Kohl's. (Seriously Kohl's? The wide-width my foot, ha. The base of the shoe itself was so narrow, to bottom of my foot hung right off...harrumph. Back to the store they went.). Anyway. I had $20 in Kohl's cash, $15 in Rewards, and 20% off the total, so we shopped a little. I got some winter jammies for next year for the grandkids, a pair of Levi's jeans for Sonja, a shirt for Sonja and a sweater for Suzanne, pants for Lydia, and some other odds and ends, all for $43.

Then into Ollies, which is a discount store, which I LOVE, which Suzanne and Sonja don't LOVE. I got some snacks, and some new solar lights for summer, and a teeny tiny bit of Easter candy. This is what I do, I buy a little bit ever time I go out and about, then when I go to fill the baskets, I'm like, "Where in the H did all this candy come from?". Happens ever year. And I only have five/six at home to make baskets for! But I make on basket for Emily, Abigail, Mirielle to share, ect.

I like filling Easter baskets. I think it's finally happened: I am more excited about it than the kids are.

Oh my goodness, it's rainy and chilly today. The rain is dripping down, pinging onto the metal roof, and I just want to cuddle under a blanket and drink coffee. The girls are sitting right here playing dollhouse, getting along really well, all happy. I already had my two cups of coffee, I don't have my third until later in the day...

Wait, I spoke too soon. Anne has randomly started yelling STOP to Lyd....

1 comment:

Susan said...

Della, I love hearing about your family and all of your adventures, but even more I love learning about your philosophy of life. I have found it to be very thought provoking and quite useful. Thank you!♥️