summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, April 27, 2019

snowy spring morning...

We've had some adventures though! Just Thursday, it was too nice out to get groceries, so we we dropped off our thrift store bags, went to Lowe's for paint, and...home to enjoy the sunshine! So that meant yesterday was a grocery store day. Lydia was here, she had spent the night. And I want to get that foyer painted, it's like having money in your pocket and wanting to spend it. So I started spackling, bright and early. Then Anne's daddy texted and asked if she could come here for the day. Okay. It would work. Grocery store with a two year old and a three year old, AND, we had decided to get the passports for the girls too! So I put away my spackle, and greeted Miss Anne.

I had to pick Miss Suzanne up from school early, as she was going to the prom with a group of friends. She was voted to Prom Court, and shh, I knew but couldn't tell her. I was invited to go and take pictures, but it didn't work out, and I thought she wouldn't love it, :).
That's Suzanne in the lavender...


Char, Cam, Jon...and the paint color we chose. Don't think for one minute that those kids just stood there and let me pick, either.

The foyer has wood trim around the door, a wood railing, and a wood board with shiny brass hooks, and a brass colored switch plate. So, we'll take those hooks off, spray paint them black, paint the wood white, paint the switch plate white, maybe spray paint the door handle black...and the walls will be Azure Snow. The brass chandelier is coming down, that'll be spray painted black, maybe new globes. I'll try to take some before pics.

Remember how I painted and re-did the bathroom in the fall? I FINAllY put on new drawer/cabinet handle/pulls. I found some clearanced at Target, $4.48 for a six pack, but they were a chrome finish. Hmm. The black spray paint was on clearance too, $2.38. So I got some spray primer, and on Thursday when it was nice out, I did some spray painting. I also re-did a Little Tikes plastic table that I painted last summer, it chipped a bit through the winter.


Jonathan and Sonja K. got a little muddy on the four-wheel. Sonja took this pic of me with Lydia. Lydia loves cuddles.


Camille, me, Charlotte Claire. It was quite an adventure to get passports done with the two small girls. They were really good, and the ladies who work at the county clerk's office are super nice. They gave us a room with a table and chairs to fill out the papers in, and paper and pens to the little girls to keep busy. They even took a pic of Lyd and Anne when the girls got their photos taken! It feels nice to have this accomplished. Paul had to meet me there, as both parents have to sign for a child's passport.

We went to Aldi with the girls too, and when I pulled into the parking lot, Anne said, "No, I don't wanna go to this place!" The whole time we were driving, she chattered about going to the library, because that's where I usually bring her. She was actually not bad in there at all, once I opened a box of vanilla wafers. Don't worry, I bought them.

Today, it's snowing. Seriously. It's cold and dark and snowy. harrumph. Margaret is coming over with little Wulf, and we might go to the big mall in the big city...

No comments: