summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

the tea company....



Suzanne and Sonja K. and I went out to brekky this morning. Emily had picked up Camille and Charlotte Claire, to go on a hike, so there were only three of us. This place makes their own raisin bread, and the toast is sinfully delicious, and for someone like me, someone struggling to lose weight, someone who should NOT be eating bread, let alone thick sliced raisin bread toasted and slathered in butter...well. I shall not go to this place again, because I would not be able to NOT order the toast. That pic of the heaping plate, that was MY plate. I did give the hash browns to Sonja K., after sampling a few. I didn't finish all of the omelet, but that doesn't matter, because I. ate. all. the. toast. (I am skipping dinner!!!)

We had a nice time, then went to visit Margaret, she works from home. Little Wulf was very happy to have visitors. He slaps his little tummy when you ask him where it is, and can repeat things like, "Hee-haw". He's very busy and very cute, and he liked emptying out my purse. He will steal your phone and hightail it when he knows you're after him.

Now we're home, the little girls are home, and Suzanne is moving into the bedroom that Kathryn left empty. We have way too much stuff in our house. Extra bedding used to be at a premium here, now...we have too much.

Anyway. I'm enjoying having the high school girls here on break.

It's supposed to be spring break, and today was supposed to be 50 and sunny, so all optimistically, we dressed in our Birkenstocks and light springy clothes (me with a sundress and sweater, bare legs, ha), so we could go for a nice walk in the city...well, ha. It clouded over, the wind came up, and brr.

I am going to put my sneakers on and go on a little walk in a few minutes.

Yesterday, we went to Target. I should stay out of that place, too. I behaved, actually, only bought a teeny bit more Easter candy, even though I am not going to eat it. Sonja got a nice new suitcase for her trip this summer, Norway, then Germany!


We went to the grocery store armed with lots of coupons, and stocked up on shampoo and razors and girly stuff.

Then home...with pizza. Yes, I have been baaaaad. Pizza and an afternoon movie, vacation-style. But, I skipped dinner ha. Anyway...the vacuum cleaner is giving trouble again...so off I go to do my favorite-est thing, unclog the vacuum cleaner.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi Della......that breakfast looks REALLY good! The cinnamon toast would be worth it I think. Of course I can’t eat it....not GF....but if I could I would! All buttery and cinnamonny....mmmmmmmm. You want to hear something hilarious? We are in Layton, Utah and went for supper and hubby ordered a beer and I ordered a glass of wine and this little waitress who was all of 21 .....has to be to serve liquor....asked us for ID!! My husband will be 80 this year and I’ll be 76!! First I was shocked, then flattered and asked her why? They are trained to ask everyone who orders alcohol for ID. Would you not think common sense would prevail? So that was our laugh for the evening 🤣

Marilyn from Canada

16 blessings'mom said...

Oh Marilyn, that's hilarious, but also so very sad that the world is in such a place...the restaurants and bars and stores that sell and serve alcohol have to cover their tails, can't leave anything to human error or it comes back to bite them. I was in Walmart one seriously hot summer afternoon, and this guy, a hard-hat wearing, sweaty, dirty, end-of-his-shift road-work kind of guy, had a six pack of beer on the conveyor, and the sweet little cashier was like, "No I.D., can't sell it to you." He was in work clothes, and he couldn't have been a day under fifty. He was not thrilled. If I could go back in time, I would say, "Oh Dad, did you forget your wallet again?", and just buy it for him. Common sense does not prevail these days. (He had the money, just not the I.D.)