summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, April 8, 2019

rainy morning and send some prayers!!!

This fine morning, keep my dear little granddaughter Lydia on your heart and in your prayers. She's fine, no alarm, but her parents are having a difficult time, custody issues. It's so hard, because I see the good in everyone, even Lydia's dad. I prayed for him, hoped he would grow up and be a decent guy. And I won't say he's not, I'll just say that he's being difficult. He's saying things that aren't true. Mali is trying very hard to be civil, to let him see Lydia when he wants, but he's saying she has kept her from him. He actually didn't try to see little Lydia for several months. Months. Now he sees her once a week, which is how often he has requested to see her, but he's saying that she has been keeping Lyd from him.

I wrote like six paragraphs and just deleted them. The details aren't my story to tell, but I did get a phone call from her dad yesterday, and he's angry. He's angry, and he's telling lies, he's bitter, and he's playing the victim. And I love Lydia, with all of my heart. She is so sensitive and sweet and fragile, so I am praying for her.

Life isn't all sunshine and puppy dogs.

Paul and I did have a really really nice weekend away!


Never mind that Sonja was home sick, throwing up, bad headache, texting me. I felt really bad, a little bit guilty, but...we didn't go home. She's almost seventeen, and she was okay..and she is okay. She went to school today.

Anyway, our weekend away was in the Niagara region, southern shore of western Lake Ontario. It was beautiful.

We went wine tasting, and I learned that I truly veer towards the sweeter...Niagara, Catawba, semi-sweet Gewerztimier, although some rieslings are okay when the residual sugar is low, they taste sweeter. The super dry wines, well, with a steak, maybe, but...

Here's something exciting though: I am going to Oregon in October! Visiting Aaron and Riley, seeing Kathryn too!!! I'm very excited, Mariel is going too, west coast wine tour!!!!

And, next month is Sam and Grace's wedding in Virginia.

The first weekend in June, back to the Niagara region for another wine tour with lots of my daughters!

And...remember to pray...!

6 comments:

Susan said...

Yes, will pray for all concerned in Lydia’s family. When Mali got married I wondered if it was to Lydia’s father so I guess not. Thinking about prayer, I wondered how Cheryl is doing? ♥️Susan

Kanadiangirl said...

Hello Della, I just absolutely love your blog. Today's entry really hit home. I am a home schooling mom of only 14 and today we received the two children from my nephew. We will be caring for them for a minimum of six months, while their parents make the necessary changes to be proper parents. What a sad, sad world it is today. So I feel for you, because we are in the same boat.

I wonder how many more children there are that need care. It is so hard to see innocent children suffer, children who did not ask to be put into these situations.

May God bless all those who do take children into their hearts and homes!

Anonymous said...

Will do! The littlies are always the ham in the sandwich in these cases, so hard for everyone.

Simone

Marilyn said...

Della............heartbreaking. I’m so sorry about your family problems. Little children just don’t understand what’s going on and that’s the sad part. I will keep little Lydia in my thoughts and prayers. What a nice weekend you had though........wine tasting! I also prefer something a little sweeter, but not too sweet. You have lots of trips to look forward to this year! Wow......what a gad about you are 😂😂 Good for you guys. We leave here next Monday and will start packing up on Friday .......just the thought is daunting. I did take a bag of clothes to Goodwill yesterday as we bought a few new things here,....no use taking the things home that we replaced. It’s going to be 90 degrees today and we are heading out to golf! 🏌️‍♀️🏌️‍♂️Have a lovely day.

Marilyn from Canada 🌵

16 blessings'mom said...

Susan, the sad part is that Mali totally would've married Lydia's dad, but she said, "I do everything else, he can be the one who proposes..." And he never did. Cheryl is doing okay! She's got kidney stones again, and her knees are not good, but no more cancer has popped up, so that's really good. Her spirits are good, too, she's a very thankful lady.
Kanadianmom (I don't know your given name!), wow, and taking on two more! That's very good of you, I'm sure they'll be some adjustments, but there's so much love in a big family, they'll feel at home with you all. I hope the parents can do what they need to do.
Simone, yes, the poor kids. Mali has always been so gracious to let Dad take Lydia whenever he wanted to, and Lydia's grandma has also had freedom to have Lydia frequently, whenever she wanted. So I'm not sure why he's starting a ruckus.
Marilyn, wow, golfing and 90 degrees! It's taking forever and a day for nice weather to settle in here! Snow flurries again this morning! brrr! Packing is no fun, either. (And I like being a gad about! I love that expression!)

Joybells said...

Praying for sweet Lydia. 💔🙏

Joy