summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

being gramma today...



Lydia spent the night last night! I got out this Emmaljunga double stroller, I've held on to it for years now. Suzanne and Sonja used to sit together in it! Lydia was happy to sit in it with her baby doll.


I also dug this out...the carriage bed has been in my bedroom closet for years, the frame in the storage room. I got rid of the seat, and the other carriage bed a long time ago. I just felt like cleaning it up and assembling it. I'm putting it away again because Orange Guy, Mr. Kitty, thinks it is just for him.

So we went outside for a bit, just to get a little bit if exercise, and put some pink in our cheeks.


Tonight is swim class again. I was sore yesterday, so it's a bit challenging. And of course I am full to the brim of excuses why I should NOT go tonight. Scheduling conflicts with the kids, ect. We've sorted things out though, and I am going!

I am counting down the days to Mexico...this is a pic of the exact beach I am going to:

But don't hate me. I'm only going for six days. I know, you still hate me. But how 'bout this: For years and years, I didn't go anywhere fun, everywhere I went was a huge0 production. Nursing baby, skippy cups and diaper bag(s), Cheerios. Our vacation were camping, and ha, it wasn't really a vacation for ME. I loved it, had fun, but relaxation came in tiny little amounts, wedged in between feedings and cookings and changings.

Mexico...ahhhh. We are staying at the Adults Only section, where there is 24 hour room service, lobster at the buffet (yuck, wasted on me!)...a butler, who will iron your clothes, rides to all the other pools and restaurants at the resort. Don't hate me. I will appreciate every stinking' minute of it. I found a fan page for this resort, and one gentleman was proclaiming how nice it was at the exclusive pool, "No riff-raff here", he said. Well, I could not help commenting, "There will be in March!" Some of the people who stay at the 5 star sections of these places walk around like their toots don't stink. Paul and I stayed in the fancy upgraded section of the Iberostar in Punta Cana, because we got a free upgrade (because I called and requested a nice room, and made friends with the lady on the phone). It was almost un-fun, because of the rich people, their jewelry, nice clothes, and the snobbiness! I noticed that at the more medium suites in Jamaica, the visitors tipped more, were more thankful, happier. Maybe it's just the spirit in Jamaica, I don't know. But no matter, WE will be thankful and easily pleased. :)

Anyway, I am glad to have warmth and sunshine to look forward to...for now, it's cold here, and it's time to go to the pool.

5 comments:

Mary said...

That double stroller & pram, are beautiful. Sad that they don't make them like that anymore. I would keep those around just to have when the grand babies visit you.

Rose Sperlonga said...

OH! I would def keep the carriage and stroller! I mean 7 grandkids , you could leave that in your living room and let the new babies sleep there ! What a treat. I know, I know, I'm corny, but growing up I always wanted babies and babies and big strollers and beautiful prams for them! LOL I laugh now, but I was so serious. So keep what you love! Enjoy it with your new grands. :)

16 blessings'mom said...

Mary, I will keep them around, don't worry about that! I wish I had kept more of them...I sort of had a problem with collecting them through the years, I counted once and I think I had more than forty, but not all at the same time! I kept upgrading and giving away or selling them along the way. I had some lovely prams though. Once I bought one from England on Ebay, twenty dollars, brand new in the box, $40 for shipping. It was unreal. When it arrived, it was gorgeous, big white wheels, a proper pram. I loved it. I sold it a few years later for a hundred dollars...but I enjoyed it so much! I think it's partially how I coped with all the craziness. Each new baby had a brand new car seat or at least the cover was fresh and new, matching the pram/stroller...

Rose, yes, I will keep them! I love prams!

Mary said...

Wow that one from England sounds like a beauty, and what a deal you got. That is special that each new baby received a new pram,and it filled your need to replace/upgrade. I have a passion for prams & strollers, and wooden high chairs,including the doll ones. My three year old grand daughter got a new doll pram for Christmas this year and her 16 month brother plays with as well.

Anonymous said...

maybe when you get back you can tell us exactly where you were. I am always looking for safe places to go with warm beaches and water. The pictures are beautiful.